Thursdays- CPS Doubles League (instructions for signing up are at the bottom)
Past season Point Series winners
2016-Kurt Osterlitz (March thru June)
No information about prior years
PRIOR TO COMING TO THE COURSE
- All participants will need to register and PAY the night before by 8:00 pm. NO EXCEPTIONS and NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON
- Registering will be done by privately messaging me on Facebook Messenger
- I will be using PayPal (Friends and Family ONLY) to accept payment. It is the player’s responsibility to cover the fees associated with using a debit or credit card with PayPal.
- The PayPal account used will be email@example.com
- Entry Fee will be $6. $5 will go towards payouts. $1 will go towards the Ace Pot. Unlike previous years, paying into the Ace Pot will NOT be optional and there will be no Birdie Bank. This is in order to simplify the payout process and in order for there to be fewer details to be concerned with during registration. Payout will occur through PayPal and will follow the same payout structure that doubles leagues have used previously.
- Your message to me will say that you will be attending and will provide your email associated with your PayPal account. This is to accelerate the process of paying out.
- After sending your message to me saying that you will be registering and listing your PayPal email address, send the $6 to firstname.lastname@example.org through PayPal
- If after registering, you realize that you will not be able to play, please reach out as soon as possible so that I can alert your scheduled partner.
- PARTNER GROUPING and STARTING HOLES
- I will pair the partners randomly.
- These pairings will be posted in the DisCap group by Thursday afternoon. It is ALL players responsibility to check to see who their partner is
- If there are an odd number of entries, we will utilize a Cali/Lone Wolf. This is exactly the same as it has been done in the past.
- Each group will be assigned a starting hole. Groups will be typically 2 sets of pairs, but could be up to 3 sets of pairs
- You MUST have Facebook in order to check the pairings and starting holes. It will not be posted anywhere else.
THE DAY OF
- ARRIVING TO THE COURSE
- THIS IS ESSENTIAL TO BEING ABLE TO KEEP THIS RUNNING
- Parking in the normal parking lot is fine
- However, please DO NOT hang around in the parking lot and DO NOT warm up at the practice basket.
- GO DIRECTLY TO YOUR STARTING HOLE
- Warm up near your starting hole
- Do not be late to your starting hole. All players need to be AT THEIR STARTING HOLE and ready to go at 5:30
- These steps are essential in order to limit mass gathering. Players gathering in the parking or around the practice basket could draw unnecessary attention. Limiting this attention gives us the best chance of ensuring that we will be able to
continue this doubles league. It will also be a nice measure to keep everyone safe.
- DURING THE ROUND
- This will be normal best shot doubles
- We will use UDISC to keep track of scores
- Please write each player FULL NAME AS IT APPEARS ON FACEBOOK. This will help avoid confusion for me and will be helpful when paying out
- Every player MUST HAVE ACCESS TO UDISC and be able to keep score on any given week. Do not rely on your partner or someone in your group being able to have UDisc. This will ensure for certain that someone will be able to keep score.
- HAVE A MASK IN YOUR BAG AT ALL TIMES
- If a partner or player in your group is not at the tee at 5:30, assume that the player will not be coming. In this case, the player who was supposed to be paired with the missing player will now be playing as a Cali/Lone Wolf. If this situation occurs in a grouping that was only scheduled to have 3 players(in the case of a scheduled grouping of a pair and a Cali/Lone Wolf), proceed as described. If one member of the pair is missing, then two Cali’s/Lone Wolves will play as two seperate Cali’s/Lone Wolves. These two Cali’s/Lone Wolves cannot join to make one normal pair. If the scheduled Cali/Lone Wolf is missing, the pair will play regular best shot doubles as a pair.
- DIRECTLY AFTER THE ROUND
- Each group will need to submit a screenshot of their UDISC scorecard to me through Facebook Messenger
- The best practice for doing this would be for one player to submit the screenshot of the scorecard in front of the other players. This is because…
- If I do not have your scorecard by the time I begin working on the standings for the week and begin calculating payouts, I will assume that neither pair finished the round and the payouts will be awarded as such(the groups from the missing scorecard will not be included in the payout process). As long as the scorecard is submitted by 10 pm, there is no possibility of this issue
IN THE DAYS FOLLOWING
- I will post the final standings/scores for every pairing as soon as possible along with screenshots of each scorecard
- Once that is done, I will reach out to each player who was above the cash line and payout according to the standard payout structure that local doubles leagues have previously used in a timely manner(this will likely happen Friday evening or Saturday, but may vary if issues surface)
- Payouts will be distributed using PayPal using the email address you provided me during registration
THIS PROCESS NEEDS TO BE FOLLOWED EVERY WEEK
Have Fun, Be Safe