Central Park Tee Pads

2010 - Schenectady NY
Kevin Rounds
Advanced
Re: Central Park Tee Pads

Post by Kevin Rounds » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Larry or ghost33, whatever you would like to called, I am not trying to chase you away from possibly helping with the local "Disc Golf Cause". Heck even my good friend Steve Schultz has contributed to the cause. But when I see you talking about playing 20 something rounds of golf in 22 days and it seems you are really enjoying the game, then typing about tees and hoping to see improvements.....well WE THE PLAYERS....you , me, Steve, Kenji, JeffW,Greg K the HOFFMANS and many many more, too many to mention .WE are really the folks that are gonna get it done. I just dont want you to think all this wonderful disc golf just magically appeared for you to enjoy....you are a discapper now, just cause you play alot, and now you are part of the TEAM to make it better and better for next guy who gets addicted to the game.. i am sorry to hear you schedule gets heavy in April... but there is always ways to help....picking up trash at CPS is sorely needed and it will help the park goers respect our place in that park when we pick up their trash. Grabbing a plastic bag and collecting trash when your disc lands near it and disposing it in a trash can at the end of the round will help. I pick up trash EVERY TIME I GO TO JPARK. You noted in one of your post how clean JPARK is..... thats because we made it clean. I dont want you get the wrong idea, we need much more help before the disc golf courses will be clean and the tees perfect.
Enough said by me, I have to get back to my crotchet...I am knitting a disc golf sweater for my dog

kenjiac
I Am "They"

Post by kenjiac » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Sky was looking a liitle chili last time I saw her. Lol. Kevin any word on the town talk today? Greg said it sounded promising.
DisCap President
PDGA # 37696
NEFA # 1163

MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Post by MichiganJeff » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:20 am

Oh, we GOTTA look into these for CPS.

2019-2020 Innova Ambassador
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

walker
Discussion Pro

Post by walker » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:53 am

Jhoff40 wrote:We are experimenting with what we can use in the wooded area and still keep it looking “natural”. We promised the local park users that we wouldn’t install concrete tee pads in the wooded park areas.

Has this changed at all?
Walker
PDGA#35267
http://love146.org

kenjiac
I Am "They"

Post by kenjiac » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:11 am

walker wrote:
Jhoff40 wrote:We are experimenting with what we can use in the wooded area and still keep it looking “natural”. We promised the local park users that we wouldn’t install concrete tee pads in the wooded park areas.

Has this changed at all?

Yeah I'm pretty sure we've played nice long enough bending to the dog walkers/locals. The powers that be love us and what we are doing and kind of let us do what we want. It was the locals that were putting up a stink at 1st when we did outreach for public feedback. But we haven't heard any complaints since we 1st had a meeting with the opposition and powers that be to meet a common ground. What we are looking into now is pavers either like the ones on 18 or 8 and coloring them to be more fitting in the wooded areas. Fingers crossed new tees on the blues will be in by electricity classic. We have the permission from the powers that be we are just trying to still play nice with the locals and deceiding which medium to use. We have funds earmarked just trying to find the best deal on a product we are happy with.
DisCap President
PDGA # 37696
NEFA # 1163