Poison Ivy Hole 13

2010 - Schenectady NY
Jhoff40
Intermediate
Re: Poison Ivy Hole 13

Post by Jhoff40 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:23 pm

The area is like 60 feet by 20 feet (longer than most of the holes at Stone Bridge). I do not think it is possible to kill it all, I just want to get the stuff where discs would land. If we weed wack it, then I can spray it and we can see how that works.

MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Post by MichiganJeff » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:24 am

From the NEFA board.....
james lane wrote:I used some of the roundup PI at Page and it is good for spraying around other greens you don't want to kill. The PI is mostly dead now (about 5 days later) I have to go look at it again though. the PI i was spraying was mixed in with a lot of other stuff I did not want to kill, I was happy with it and will probably but the big jug next.
2019-2020 Innova Ambassador
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

swank
Rookie

Post by swank » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:22 am

I'd be happy to pick up my own jug of RI and try to hit some of the other areas....I just noticed some on the right hand side approaching hole 12, too. In the transition zone between the lawn and the brushy hill – where I lost a disc the other night!!! LOL.

With a few of us keeping on top of it, I bet we can knock it down pretty good.

Avivi
Rookie

Post by Avivi » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:07 pm

I was a victim of one of these patches and it may have been from being near it on thirteen because I played the white tee. It was great to come back a week later and see the patch suffering and brown. Like many are saying repeatedly stressing the plant by removing it's ability to photosynthesis will kill it eventually because the roots will suffer trying to reestablish the plant. When the roots are depleted of nutrients they will become susceptible to disease and root out. If anyone is brave and not allergic than pulling it out by the roots will kill it immediately.

Following up on it throughout the year will weaken it. When it tries to rise in the spring there is another timing trick to take away it's vigor. If you wait for the young leaves to just fully develop then chop it down. The roots will be taxed greatly after having pushed out a full spring growth.

HoosickTony
Intermediate

Post by HoosickTony » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:56 pm

Thank you everyone for getting a handle on this stuff... and I totally agree with what Avivi says; repeated attacks work, but timing your attacks works best with any ivy, so lets stress those suckers out until they die.

DIE :violence-chainsaw: DIE :violence-enforcer: DIE :violence-ripper: DIE :violence-rocket: DIE :violence-plasma:
Trust me, I'm a science teacher. I know the meaning of fear.

PDGA#54361