CPS Course improvements, repair, additions, etc.

2010 - Schenectady NY
MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!
Re: CPS Course improvements, repair, additions, etc.

Post by MichiganJeff » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:21 pm

2019-2020 Innova Ambassador
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

mstryker
Intermediate

Post by mstryker » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Thanks Jeff and Bob,

Carpets are a big improvement.

MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Post by MichiganJeff » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Made from recycled plastic bottles so we're all green 'n stuff :clap:

PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

jaimenhume
Intermediate

Post by jaimenhume » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:17 pm

There are several dead branches directly above the blue tee on hole two. They look like a strong enough wind could snap them right off.

MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Post by MichiganJeff » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 am

*** SHOVEL PARTY ROUND ***
Our course needs us !!!!
With the potential for 3-5 inches of snow, we need to clear the tees for the Throwdown.
8am Thursday, be there with shovels, brooms, etc.
More hands make for lighter work.
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Post by MichiganJeff » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:43 pm

While it looks good to rake off the tees and surrounding areas, the snow/rain will make these areas quite muddy.
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

Shimmy

Post by Shimmy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Have played on the course all this past week. Great conditions, not too muddy or anything. Looking to get back out there again in an hour or so. Leaving work early!

Kevin Rounds
Advanced

Post by Kevin Rounds » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:00 pm

holes 1-10 were cleaned today....all the butts, glass, trash that could be found....kevin and mary had a very aerobic workout...id like to go out on Thursday morn and bring some more garbage bags and clean and play 11--18...any one wanna join me?

kenjiac
I Am "They"

Post by kenjiac » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:03 am

Thanks Kevin!!
DisCap President
PDGA # 37696
NEFA # 1163

MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Post by MichiganJeff » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:52 pm

New bridge on 18 made the evening news......... http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S3866244.shtml?cat=300
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

germs
Discussion Pro

Post by germs » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:01 am

I was sitting and watching the news last night at 6, it was pretty exciting to see the Discap logo and the drawing of 18's basket on the side of the bridge. We need to get more local kids and boy scouts involved on the courses, it's such great publicity and improves the courses a ton. Down in VA/NC you couldn't find many courses without at least one Eagle scout project. Who's still in the scouts besides Mike?
Travis Bushore
PDGA # 58542
NEFA # 1938

kenjiac
I Am "They"

Post by kenjiac » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:51 am

Thank You Jeff, Joe, and Nick for helping me clear out 5 white line to the basket. Ace run over all the ob is a great risk/reward shot for the players playing the whites on Saturday. Thank You CPS Dubs Players!! All the garbage was cleaned off the course last night. I spread the groups out so each group had to clean up only 2 or 3 holes, sent them out with garbage bags and all the trash was picked up.
DisCap President
PDGA # 37696
NEFA # 1163

Joe Gas
Intermediate

Post by Joe Gas » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:01 pm

I have volunteered for, and DisCap and the city of Schenectady have approved the construction of all of the remaining paver tee pads that we need for Central Park.

This is a big project for all of us involved, but I personally feel that it has been a long time coming, and this great course needs these improvements to make it a championship caliber course.

The plan is to install all of the tee pads before the Play it Again Open, scheduled August 6th, 2015.

This project will involve a lot of man power, as pavers are heavy, and manual labor is expected of those involved.

I'm really looking for a good few, maybe 10-15 individuals, the more the better, who are interested in growing the sport of disc golf in the Capital Region, and who have a little bit of free time to help me with the tee pads.

Work will begin on the first Tuesday after the ground thaws, and will continue untill all Blue tee pads are complete. After such, white tee pads will be considered for upgrade, and a time frame set for their completion.

The work team will meet every Tuesday morning until the tee pads are complete, and may have other impromptu work days when needed. We will not work when it's pouring rain or we are getting hammered with snow, so we will address the issue of weather as needed. (lightning, and hurricanes, and monsoons, and hail, and other furious acts of mother nature will probably be considered a cancellation for work day, and therefore it may be rescheduled. Please consider that Tuesday is my only day off of work, and that we may move the work day from time to time due to weather or other unforseen circumstances.

Ok, really what it comes down to is that I need people to help me put the tees into Central Park, because it is our most played course, and because I cant do it alone. Who's with me?

Facebook - Joe Gaspardi
Ph # Five One 8 Five zero five one 7 9 zero

Thanks for the help
PDGA#-53052
NEFA#-1651

kenjiac
I Am "They"

Post by kenjiac » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 pm

Joe we can have a conservation and when the ground thaws we can tackle the 1st one together. I'll show you how i put the ones that are there already in. CPS is pretty easy ground to work with it's pretty sandy. So sandy that all the tees that are there have been done with no fill beside the sand that's there. I'm glad to help when i can but it's great to have you dedicate to getting this done!
DisCap President
PDGA # 37696
NEFA # 1163

wino249
Intermediate

Post by wino249 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:24 am

I am going to sweep off the tee boxes (1-11, blues and whites) at noon today. Plz do NOT walk on teeboxes until swept. Thanks.

J

MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Post by MichiganJeff » Fri May 06, 2016 6:13 am

Basket 2 is in danger once again.....

PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

ErikJRavn
Rookie

Post by ErikJRavn » Fri May 06, 2016 9:34 am

Jeff,
I gave Kurtz the Monarch you shanked on 14. (It was in the same spot I shanked mine - pin high, 50 ft to the left of the basket)

MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!

Post by MichiganJeff » Fri May 06, 2016 11:24 am

ErikJRavn wrote:Jeff,
I gave Kurtz the Monarch you shanked on 14. (It was in the same spot I shanked mine - pin high, 50 ft to the left of the basket)

Thanks Erik !! That format seems to allow for more discs left behind.
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

jZip
Discussion Pro

Post by jZip » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:53 pm

I know I've been out of the loop for quite some time now, but I do manage to get out to CPS about once a month.
Just wondering if the plan to proceed with the installation of new boxes is still active. I'd be happy to donate some time to move this forward. While I won't be playing in the PIAO, it would be great if at least a few more could be done in time. Joe, please let me know if you would like my help. Normally I'd only have time on the weekend, but I have this Friday (7/8) off work and could give you a few hours of time.

Joe Gas wrote:I have volunteered for, and DisCap and the city of Schenectady have approved the construction of all of the remaining paver tee pads that we need for Central Park.

This is a big project for all of us involved, but I personally feel that it has been a long time coming, and this great course needs these improvements to make it a championship caliber course.

The plan is to install all of the tee pads before the Play it Again Open, scheduled August 6th, 2015.

This project will involve a lot of man power, as pavers are heavy, and manual labor is expected of those involved.

I'm really looking for a good few, maybe 10-15 individuals, the more the better, who are interested in growing the sport of disc golf in the Capital Region, and who have a little bit of free time to help me with the tee pads.

Work will begin on the first Tuesday after the ground thaws, and will continue untill all Blue tee pads are complete. After such, white tee pads will be considered for upgrade, and a time frame set for their completion.

The work team will meet every Tuesday morning until the tee pads are complete, and may have other impromptu work days when needed. We will not work when it's pouring rain or we are getting hammered with snow, so we will address the issue of weather as needed. (lightning, and hurricanes, and monsoons, and hail, and other furious acts of mother nature will probably be considered a cancellation for work day, and therefore it may be rescheduled. Please consider that Tuesday is my only day off of work, and that we may move the work day from time to time due to weather or other unforseen circumstances.

Ok, really what it comes down to is that I need people to help me put the tees into Central Park, because it is our most played course, and because I cant do it alone. Who's with me?

Facebook - Joe Gaspardi
Ph # Five One 8 Five zero five one 7 9 zero

Thanks for the help
Be WE

germs
Discussion Pro

Post by germs » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:27 pm

I'll be out there early to pee on the OB lines.
Travis Bushore
PDGA # 58542
NEFA # 1938

mgamache8
Rookie

Post by mgamache8 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:19 pm

Are the plans for the new teepads still active? I'd be willing to help if it's needed