CPS Basket Fundraising

2010 - Schenectady NY
User avatar
Jhoff40
Intermediate
Posts:180
Joined:Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:27 pm
Location:Schenectady

Post by Jhoff40 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:53 pm

Goldstocks just said no. :x
That upsets me after all the business we brought them through the years.. time to go to Play it Again Sports

User avatar
Jhoff40
Intermediate
Posts:180
Joined:Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:27 pm
Location:Schenectady

Post by Jhoff40 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Bombers is in!
Northeastern Fine Jewelry is in!
Smith Barney is in!
and The Gazette is in!

7 Holes Sponsored! Only 11 left! :D

User avatar
walker
Discussion Pro
Posts:1273
Joined:Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:29 am
Location:Rochester, NY

Post by walker » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:37 pm

great work! Bombers seems like the perfect sponsor.
Walker
PDGA#35267
http://love146.org

User avatar
kenjiac
I Am "They"
Posts:4562
Joined:Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:10 pm
Location:Colonie NY

Post by kenjiac » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:41 am

Jhoff40 wrote:Bombers is in!
Northeastern Fine Jewelry is in!
Smith Barney is in!
and The Gazette is in!

7 Holes Sponsored! Only 11 left! :D


Those are all $500 a pop? Justin you are a fund raising machine!!
DisCap President
PDGA # 37696
NEFA # 1163

Cypress Will
Discussion Pro
Posts:1001
Joined:Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:56 am
Location:Bogeyville

Post by Cypress Will » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:57 pm

Awesome dude! The Bombers basket better be put on the proper hole!!

User avatar
Jhoff40
Intermediate
Posts:180
Joined:Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:27 pm
Location:Schenectady

Post by Jhoff40 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:42 pm

We just got our biggest sponsor yet! :o

Park View Cemetery donated $1000 to our course. I would say lets give them some business but I hope nobody is really ready to yet. :wink:

User avatar
Jhoff40
Intermediate
Posts:180
Joined:Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:27 pm
Location:Schenectady

Post by Jhoff40 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Bought some beer at Union Beverage and they said they wanted to sponsor a hole.

My brother Doug from Chicago also wants to sponsor a hole.

Thats nine holes down, and nine more to go.

fahey1426
Rookie
Posts:19
Joined:Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:20 pm
Location:schenectady

Post by fahey1426 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:05 pm

has any one printed out info on sponsering holes and if so can i get that info to distribute. thanks.

jZip
Discussion Pro
Posts:1691
Joined:Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:24 am

Post by jZip » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:12 pm

the hoff's have it. get with them.

User avatar
kenjiac
I Am "They"
Posts:4562
Joined:Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:10 pm
Location:Colonie NY

Post by kenjiac » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:13 pm

fahey1426 wrote:has any one printed out info on sponsering holes and if so can i get that info to distribute. thanks.


Pm Jhoff40 he has that info all in a nice 2 pg sign up sheet.
DisCap President
PDGA # 37696
NEFA # 1163

User avatar
Jhoff40
Intermediate
Posts:180
Joined:Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:27 pm
Location:Schenectady

Post by Jhoff40 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Northeast Pest Control, Upper Union St. Business District, and Freeman's Bridge Liquor and Wine all are going to sponsor a hole. That's 12 holes spoken for and only 6 left! Here is the list.

1. Hoffman Law Firm
2. The Gazette
3. Northeastern Fine Jewelry
4. Union Beverage
5. The Van Dyke
6. Upper Union St. Business District
7. Smith Barney
8. Pinhead Susan's
9. Freeman's Bridge Wine and Liquor
10. ?
11. Northeast Pest Control
12. ?
13. ?
14. Doug Hoffman
15. Bombers Burrito Bar
16. ?
17. ?
18. ?

These are not finalized yet but this is what it looks like right now. We already have ideas of several other sponsors so if you do too, now is the time! Email me at hoffmanj@schenectady.k12.ny.us and I will send you the two page form to give to businesses.

Our Discs are in and we have bumper stickers coming in a couple of days. 25 dollar donation and you get a disc (beast, leopard, roc, or aviar). Maybe 2 dollars for a bumper sticker. We will probably order the baskets mid February and start asap in March. Can't wait!
Last edited by Jhoff40 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!
Posts:14652
Joined:Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:05 am
Real Name:Jeff Wiechowski
Location:Ballston Lake, NY

Post by MichiganJeff » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Jhoff40 wrote:Our Discs are in and we have bumper stickers coming in a couple of days. 25 dollar donation and you get a disc (beast, leopard, roc, or aviar). Maybe 2 dollars for a bumper sticker. We will probably order the baskets mid February and start asap in March. Cant wait!


Set aside a Roc and sticker for me.........
2019-2020 Innova Ambassador
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

User avatar
Ven
Discussion Pro
Posts:1813
Joined:Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:23 pm
Real Name:Stephen Vardin
Location:Albany NY
Contact:

Post by Ven » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:58 am

Jhoff40 wrote:Our Discs are in and we have bumper stickers coming in a couple of days. 25 dollar donation and you get a disc (beast, leopard, roc, or aviar). Maybe 2 dollars for a bumper sticker. ... Can't wait!


Please reserve a Roc, a Leopard and a bumper sticker for me.
365-3157 practice with purpose

User avatar
Ven
Discussion Pro
Posts:1813
Joined:Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:23 pm
Real Name:Stephen Vardin
Location:Albany NY
Contact:

Post by Ven » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:17 am

Jhoff40 wrote:Northeast Pest Control, Upper Union St. Business District, and Freeman's Bridge Liquor and Wine all are going to sponsor a hole. That's 12 holes spoken for and only 6 left! Here is the list....


I dropped off a flyer for the Ice Bowl at Play it Again Sports in Latham. I was told to call back Monday morning and talk to the owner Dottie about sponsorship. Maybe it would be better for JHoff40 to talk to her about CPS and Ice Bowl all at once... I will wait until I hear from you.

Ven 365-3157

User avatar
MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!
Posts:14652
Joined:Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:05 am
Real Name:Jeff Wiechowski
Location:Ballston Lake, NY

Post by MichiganJeff » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:56 am

Ven wrote:I dropped off a flyer for the Ice Bowl at Play it Again Sports in Latham. I was told to call back Monday morning and talk to the owner Dottie about sponsorship. Maybe it would be better for JHoff40 to talk to her about CPS and Ice Bowl all at once... I will wait until I hear from you.

Justin has been focusing on the CPS project and I don't want to slow down the groove he's got goin' on there with Ice Bowl issues. Thanks for all the IB sponsors, Ven !!
2019-2020 Innova Ambassador
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

User avatar
Ven
Discussion Pro
Posts:1813
Joined:Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:23 pm
Real Name:Stephen Vardin
Location:Albany NY
Contact:

Post by Ven » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:17 am

MichiganJeff wrote:
Ven wrote:I dropped off a flyer for the Ice Bowl at Play it Again Sports in Latham. I was told to call back Monday morning and talk to the owner Dottie about sponsorship. Maybe it would be better for JHoff40 to talk to her about CPS and Ice Bowl all at once... I will wait until I hear from you.

Justin has been focusing on the CPS project and I don't want to slow down the groove he's got goin' on there with Ice Bowl issues. Thanks for all the IB sponsors, Ven !!


Exactly what I'm thinking I don't want PIAS to be bugged by me, when Justin is trying to talk them into something more better.
365-3157 practice with purpose

User avatar
MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!
Posts:14652
Joined:Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:05 am
Real Name:Jeff Wiechowski
Location:Ballston Lake, NY

Post by MichiganJeff » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:23 am

Ven wrote: Exactly what I'm thinking I don't want PIAS to be bugged by me, when Justin is trying to talk them into something more better.


But they're different offers............ Ice Bowl is a charity thing with a temporary sign on the holes, Justin is offering a permanent advertising opportunity with CPS.
2019-2020 Innova Ambassador
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

User avatar
Ven
Discussion Pro
Posts:1813
Joined:Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:23 pm
Real Name:Stephen Vardin
Location:Albany NY
Contact:

Post by Ven » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:38 am

So you are saying go ahead and call Dottie Monday.
365-3157 practice with purpose

User avatar
MichiganJeff
WTF ??!!!
Posts:14652
Joined:Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:05 am
Real Name:Jeff Wiechowski
Location:Ballston Lake, NY

Post by MichiganJeff » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:45 am

Ven wrote:So you are saying go ahead and call Dottie Monday.

For sure.
2019-2020 Innova Ambassador
PDGA #11653 / NEFA #1112

jZip
Discussion Pro
Posts:1691
Joined:Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:24 am

Post by jZip » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:39 am

Ven wrote:
Jhoff40 wrote:Northeast Pest Control, Upper Union St. Business District, and Freeman's Bridge Liquor and Wine all are going to sponsor a hole. That's 12 holes spoken for and only 6 left! Here is the list....


I dropped off a flyer for the Ice Bowl at Play it Again Sports in Latham. I was told to call back Monday morning and talk to the owner Dottie about sponsorship. Maybe it would be better for JHoff40 to talk to her about CPS and Ice Bowl all at once... I will wait until I hear from you.

Ven 365-3157


Ven,
I got PIAS to sponsor the Jammer last year with 3 $10 gift cards. Most of the employees there now play disc, thanks to their manager (Steve?????) who used to play in Colorado. They've not only got course maps and info there but they even have some of their own scores posted behind the counter. I bet if we can show them the potential return on their investment they might be willing to expand their support. In turn, we really should start sending business their way. In fact, anyone who goes there should mention DisCap and thank them for their support. The new course in Schenec. would be so close to them, and they're the only game in town for discs. In particular, new players would go there for plastic. contact me if you want to discuss.
Thx,
jZip

User avatar
Jhoff40
Intermediate
Posts:180
Joined:Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:27 pm
Location:Schenectady

Post by Jhoff40 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:02 pm

We went to Play it Again last Friday and gave Dottie and Steve all the info. They love disc golf but I am not sure they are going to sponsor a hole. She said they will talk about what they want to do and get back to us. We are going to follow up in about a week. It would really help if people just mentioned it to them. Maybe if you go there ask if they are going to sponsor a hole in Schenectady. Would like to get somebody who sells discs to sponsor us so we can get them some business.

Post Reply