Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:13 pm 
Intermediate

Cypress Will wrote:
Those are awesome! Looking forward to buying one!

Great! Thanks Will.

This is a fundraising disc for the J-Park expansion/basket upgrade project.
Sales of the disc will support this renovation.

The chosen design should be for sale in a month or two at J-Park doubles league (that starts soon) on Tuesdays. Or at the J-Park Jammer tournament.

PM Greg or Jasan for more details.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:20 pm 
Intermediate

Marc Ox wrote:
My idea for fundraising at J Dubs:

I was working out in Rochester most of last summer -- To feed the addiction I played in their dubs league for a few weeks. I was in a group with the main guy (Ryan) who runs the league and he mentioned the best fund raising tool they had started was Mulligans.

How it works:
Players have the option to buy 1 mulligan at start of round for $2
Mulligan can be used to reshoot any 1 shot during the round
The second shot must be taken if mulligan is used -- there is no choice between shots. There is still the option to take other player's shot.
Mulligans -- when used -- are marked on scorecard to assure no one mistakenly uses 2

Speaking to Ryan -- he said it was their best fundraising idea for the club because NO MONEY GETS PAID OUT -- ALL GOES INTO THE POT
They had planned on using it for a few weeks for a specific goal, but it brings in $100 a week and they have decided to keep it permanently in place.

I floated this idea last year to a few folks and most seemed to be for it, but there were several folks who -- at the time -- were reticent. I understand we are playing for money -- but so is Rochester, I asked Ryan if there were any issues related to mulligans (people trying to use them if they didnt pay, trying to use more than 1, any competitive advantage/disadvantage, player complaints) and he mentioned several times that there were none.
At an average of 35 players over 28 weeks -- this would raise a cool $1960 for baskets :character-koolaid:

Thoughts? Concerns?

This seems like a good idea for fundraising.
But... It's up to Jeff. He is in charge of J-Park doubles league.

PS, it worked for the "Scott Stokley" doubles fundraising tourney at Stonykill last Feb.
Most everyone was in for buying bogies with food items for the local food pantry.
(You could buy 10 bogies per team if you contributed 10 food items or $1 cash for each item).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:20 pm 
Intermediate

Mel wrote:
Marc Ox wrote:
My idea for fundraising at J Dubs:

I was working out in Rochester most of last summer -- To feed the addiction I played in their dubs league for a few weeks. I was in a group with the main guy (Ryan) who runs the league and he mentioned the best fund raising tool they had started was Mulligans.

How it works:
Players have the option to buy 1 mulligan at start of round for $2
Mulligan can be used to reshoot any 1 shot during the round
The second shot must be taken if mulligan is used -- there is no choice between shots. There is still the option to take other player's shot.
Mulligans -- when used -- are marked on scorecard to assure no one mistakenly uses 2

Speaking to Ryan -- he said it was their best fundraising idea for the club because NO MONEY GETS PAID OUT -- ALL GOES INTO THE POT
They had planned on using it for a few weeks for a specific goal, but it brings in $100 a week and they have decided to keep it permanently in place.

I floated this idea last year to a few folks and most seemed to be for it, but there were several folks who -- at the time -- were reticent. I understand we are playing for money -- but so is Rochester, I asked Ryan if there were any issues related to mulligans (people trying to use them if they didnt pay, trying to use more than 1, any competitive advantage/disadvantage, player complaints) and he mentioned several times that there were none.
At an average of 35 players over 28 weeks -- this would raise a cool $1960 for baskets :character-koolaid:

Thoughts? Concerns?

This seems like a good idea for fundraising.
But... It's up to Jeff. He is in charge of J-Park doubles league.

PS, it worked for the "Scott Stokley" doubles fundraising tourney at Stonykill last Feb.
Most everyone was in for buying bogies with food items for the local food pantry.
(You could buy 10 bogies per team if you contributed 10 food items or $1 cash for each item).

Oops! Mulligans not bogies.
Shouldn't have had a martini before making a post.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:44 pm 
Novice

Mel! Those look awesome!

Baskets Ordered?!? It's Happening! :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 pm 
Advanced

The following Dynamic Discs molds will be available in Design A:

Biofuzion Defender
Lucid Felon
Fuzion EMAC Truth
Goldline River
VIP Harp

Hoping to have these in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:44 am 
Advanced

$37 added from Jeff's Jar last night.

- Fundraiser Discs are on order. They should arrive in a couple weeks.

- I saw Joe J. last night with a pretty sweet "Joralemon Park Disc Golf Shirt". After talking with him, he has intentions of purchasing more to sell as a fundraiser.

- I also talked with a few players about some new fundraising ideas. Jeff W. had an interesting concept if we can get 18 Discatchers in before the Jammer. More details to follow.

I'll continue to track our fundraising efforts, but the 19 baskets purchased on March 9th were from both the Upgrade Fund and Discap's General Fund. Huge thanks to the Board of Directors for approving the purchase! This will allow us to immediately start installing new targets when the weather permits. As we continue to fundraise and install baskets, we will work towards obtaining the remaining 20 baskets.

Thank you to everyone for your support.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:08 pm 
Intermediate

jkress39 wrote:
Mel! Those look awesome!

Baskets Ordered?!? It's Happening! :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

Thanks Jason! And THANKS for your generous contribution to the basket upgrade fund.

As far as the fundraising disc goes....
With all the different molds and plastics to choose from, everyone should find something that will work for their particular style.

Thank You!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:27 pm 
Intermediate

Engineer wrote:
$37 added from Jeff's Jar last night.

- Fundraiser Discs are on order. They should arrive in a couple weeks.

- I saw Joe J. last night with a pretty sweet "Joralemon Park Disc Golf Shirt". After talking with him, he has intentions of purchasing more to sell as a fundraiser.

- I also talked with a few players about some new fundraising ideas. Jeff W. had an interesting concept if we can get 18 Discatchers in before the Jammer. More details to follow.

I'll continue to track our fundraising efforts, but the 19 baskets purchased on March 9th were from both the Upgrade Fund and Discap's General Fund. Huge thanks to the Board of Directors for approving the purchase! This will allow us to immediately start installing new targets when the weather permits. As we continue to fundraise and install baskets, we will work towards obtaining the remaining 20 baskets.

Thank you to everyone for your support.

I figured that the money collected for the "basket upgrade" would get muddled in the DisCap general fund.

The 27 original baskets should be replaced first.
The "new holes" should get old baskets for now, because I believe that they will not get the same degree of use for a few years(until they become more developed).

I hope all funds needed (50% from members/players) can be raised this year so ALL J-Park targets can be replaced.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:20 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Mel wrote:
I figured that the money collected for the "basket upgrade" would get muddled in the DisCap general fund.
That is not what happened at all. You make it sound like the Club has an ulterior motive for the money........ :think:

Mel wrote:
The 27 original baskets should be replaced first.
The "new holes" should get old baskets for now, because I believe that they will not get the same degree of use for a few years(until they become more developed).
This was discussed in great detail at the Annual Meeting. The ability to get 28 baskets in the ground BEFORE the Jammer was the main sticking point. I'm planning to use the same formats in previous years(J-West 18 then all 27) and didn't want to run with a mixed-basket layout. The "interesting concept" Jasan and I spoke about COULD remedy this IF I can make it happen. But I have to get thru a mess of red tape and I don't wanna reveal it until its a sure thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:33 pm 
Advanced

I should clarify that I proposed the basket purchase to the Kenji a few days after the annual meeting. Kenji shared the proposal with the other directors and got their buy-in. The club is committed to seeing this project through to fruition. While it might seem that the funds are muddled, it's only because the club is contributing additional funds from outside the "basket upgrade" fund so that we have baskets ready to install when weather permits. All funds earmarked for the basket upgrade are still being tracked separately on this forum post and will continue to be tracked until all new baskets are installed. The more we fundraise, the closer we get to reaching our goal. As demonstrated by the recent purchase, the club is here to help as well.

Much appreciation to those making this happen. Many workdays and fundraising campaigns to be implemented VERY SOON.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:43 pm 
I Am "They"

The Board just helped to be able to get 19 baskets. We put up all the funds that were short to make this happen right away. Where the baskets go we leave up to Jasan as lead on this project. The only basket that I asked be done 1st as Jasan asked us to help get 18 baskets I said lets get 19 so we can move/replace the practice basket 1st as the town wants it farther away from the pavillion. Jasan agreed. We ordered 19 baskets. I personally think that the new holes are not ready for permanent baskets. I think most everyone involved agrees. I suggested J West 1st layout to get new baskets. Mel why is it always contentious with you? We agree with you and you jump to conclusion that just aren't true. I always say to please reach out to me with any questions but never hear from you. And you draw your own opinion that we are against something and we have some other motive. I never understand why.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:48 pm 
I Am "They"

The "I figured" comment is just really insulting. Like we did something wrong by contributing. I don't get why its always them vs me with you. You don't want the club help to reach this goal?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:03 am 
WTF ??!!!

kenjiac wrote:
The "I figured" comment is just really insulting.

^ This.

And it isn't first time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:28 am 
Intermediate

Jasan, Jeff & Kenji,
Thank You for the detailed info on the proposed plan for target replacement at J. This sounds like a good plan.

I was not at the Annual Meeting so... Did not hear any of this prior. And I don't believe it was posted on the site?
Last I heard Kenji & Jeff wanted to put new baskets on the new holes first. Jasan advocated for replacing the original 27 first. Kevin wanted J North or South replaced first?

Yes, I know the Town wants the practice basket moved, I was the person that took the heat from the Town Park Supervisor (Nelson?).

My poor attitude is a culmination of many little problems I've had over the years dealing with the developement of Stonykill and dealing with the board.

I apologize for sounding a bit snippy but it did get me the detailed information that I was looking for on target replacement at J.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:25 pm 
Advanced

who is gonna make benches...we need some for the new holes....Mel????? and train greg to build them as well?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next