Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:08 pm 
Intermediate

What's the latest news on the basket upgrade?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:25 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Played the new holes after 10.......

10a - needs some more clearing of small saplings approaching the pin. Also feel the basket should go about 3-4 ft left.
10b - tee needs work. Landing zone appears to be a bit small.
10c - clearly the best of these 3 holes ! Love the narrow chute visual from the tee !! Might need some polesaw work.

I shot 4,3,4 but I misjudged the lane on 10a.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:26 pm 
Rookie

Ran into Daniels and AT yesterday at J and they showed me around some of the new holes (the 2's and 10's). Just wanted to really thank the folks who have been putting in tons of work to make those new holes a reality. I was impressed by the diversity and difficulty of the holes. You need all types of shots to get through them. I'm not the furthest thrower out there but I do think J needs some longer holes to add to the mix and some of these new holes definitely deliver that. They also add to the overall difficulty of the course as well. Even the flow from the existing holes to the new holes is great. Really impressed, can't wait until they are all permanent! Thanks again! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Joe J

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:59 am 
WTF ??!!!

We should ask the Town for a load of mulch. The muddy areas could use it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:20 am 
WTF ??!!!

Thanks to Jaimen and others that cleared tees at J-Park this week!!!
Forecast calls for windy conditions so if you see any tees with snow blowing on them please try to clear the piles that are getting blown back on the tees.
J-East is still a bit icy so be careful out there.

** Team Challenge Match this Sunday the 19th. The plan is to play J-East in the AM and J-West after lunch. PLEASE plan your casual rounds accordingly. **

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:14 pm 
Intermediate

Though I try and play J on days free of tournaments and private leagues (team challenge) it is still a public course for all disc golfers.
Casual or Advanced, league or not.
All disc golfers are equal.
So... We might occasionally bump into each other at one of these events.
There is room for all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:40 pm 
Intermediate

You're correct Mel. Team Challenge only uses one layout at a time and we always have fewer people than a full tournament. Jeff gave approximate times that we are playing each layout so people know which layouts are open when.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:34 pm 
Advanced

Below is a draft Project Summary / Master Plan update for the projects in progress at J-Park.

Please discuss:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7rRZd4nNpNpWk5JZ0lybW56U1k

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:38 am 
Intermediate

I read the Master Plan quickly last night. Thanks for all the work you have put in.

Are "White Tees" included for the new 9? I don't remember seeing it mentioned. I hope so.
I mean proper whites (tee signs, pavers) not just a line on the ground that is hard to find.

Thank You! M

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:21 pm 
Advanced

I don't think there's any mention of expanding the white tees in the current draft. I think Greg or someone was working on locating some potential tees. Aside from Josh Winn's efforts a year or two ago, there hasn't been a huge push to upgrade or maintain the white tees. I've heard/seen some potentially great locations on the J-East course (i.e. Hole 14), but unfortunately it seems as though most of the J-Park volunteers are more engaged with maintaining the long tees (myself included) and no one ever gets around to spending much time on the whites.

I believe we currently have 18 white tees (J-West); so it would make sense to either add another 18 white tees (to match the 2 new layouts), upgrade the existing 18 holes OR redevelop a better, more compact 18 hole white tee layout. If this is a project that a group of volunteers would like to see through to finish, I think it could offer some value to the course and the local players. Personally, I don't feel the white tees would need to be upgraded to the same standard as the long tees (full pavers), but I do feel there is some room for improvement. This should ultimately be discussed by the volunteers who will make it happen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:39 pm 
Intermediate

So...no white tees for the new 9.
I was lead to believe that there were going to be "Whites" for the new 9.
What's that about?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:30 pm 
Advanced

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply there won't be white tees. I just haven't been privy to any plans or efforts, so it's not currently in the draft I wrote. I'm sure the designers have something in mind, but I can only offer info on what I've been a part of.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:47 pm 
Intermediate

In my opinion white tees are a whole other project.

I see a couple problems with adding the whites in immediately.

1. It would take considerably more time to add in 20 new tee pads rather than the 10 we currently need.
2. Adding white tees to only the new holes wouldn't make much sense. It would lead to a 26 hole loop with two more white tees (18a, 18b) making a very awkward 28 hole loop. The only way to really make the loop smaller (while utilizing the new holes) would be to cut out 6,7, and 8 and make it 23 holes.

I think that (as Jasan said) having a group of motivated people scout out places for white tees for all the holes would be very well received and well worth the time and energy.

Why did you think that white tees would be in the master plan?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:34 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Mel wrote:
So...no white tees for the new 9.
I was lead to believe that there were going to be "Whites" for the new 9.
What's that about?

Who lead you to believe this?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:01 pm 
Advanced

Engineer wrote:
Below is a draft Project Summary / Master Plan update for the projects in progress at J-Park.

Please discuss:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7rRZd4nNpNpWk5JZ0lybW56U1k

legitimacy! :clap:

8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1913 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128  Next