Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:50 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Greg Van Nest wrote:
C-tier at Warwick on April 21. This will be a fundraising tournament for this year's Warwick Disc Golf Championship (WDGC) (formerly known as Animalfest). It will also be a regional qualifier for NEFA's New England Disc Golf Championship (NEC).

Update: Please read all of the information below, as there are some important details you don't want to miss.

Registration
There will be NO PRE-REGISTRATION. Pre-registration is time consuming and costs money and is one of the things I hate about running a tournament. Warwick can handle 90 players without a problem. If more than 90 players show up, then we'll play one round on Warwick and one on Wolfe.

Registration fees will be as follows:

MPO $55
MPM $45
FTO $45
MA1 $40
MA2, MA3, MM1, MG1, and FA1 $35
FA2 $20
MJ1 $10

In addition, we are offering a low-cost option for all Am divisions. For only $10, you can play the tournament, get a rating, brag to your friends about how well you finished compared to the competition, but you will not get a player's pack disc nor will you be eligible to win any prize plastic. The $10 will cover PDGA fees, NEFA fees, tournament expenses and fundraising for the WDGC.

Because it is a PDGA event, you will need to pay an extra $10 if you are not a current member (junior division excluded).

In-person registration will be from 8:00-9:00. Again, if you're an Am and getting a player's pack and prizes are important to you, get in line early. There will be a player's meeting at 9:15 and we will tee off at 9:30. Don't be late!

Players Packs and Payouts
Am divisions will get a premium plastic disc as a player's pack and prizes will be paid in plastic. Pros will receive no player's pack and will be paid out in cash.

While we have room for more than 90 players, we will only order 45 player's pack discs and merchandise for that many Am players. These discs will be first-come, first served. If we get more than 45 Am players, some players will have to play at the discount rate. Show up early, be first in line so you're not left out of a player's pack and payouts!

Remember, this is a fundraising tournament for the Warwick Disc Golf Championship. Part of your entry fee will be used to make the fall tournament even better than it has been in the past. The money will be used for both the Pro and Am weekends.

Who Will Be There?
I realize that not having a pre-reg list is a drag--it's nice to see who your competition will be before you show up. If you're thinking of coming to the tournament, please fill out the simple form at this link: Register Here. Signing up here is just a courtesy, not pre-registration. It does not assure you a player's pack or anything else.

If you'd like to see who's filled out the form, follow this link:
See Who's In

Layouts
Layouts will be determined, but I think it'll probably be Silver-Blue one round and Blue-Silver one round.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:55 pm 
Discussion Pro

No pre reg!? Interesting thought. Should make for a nice clusterfucj!Nice to have Wolfe's Woods for overflow.
I deliberately chose this event instead of Hopfest which is on Sat the 20th.
NEDGC points being the reason. Also Warwick is great and Hylands is also very nice.
Would loved to have played both but back to back tourneys is getting tough.
And what is this part about this tournament "being a fundraiser for the Warwick Disc Golf Championship"?? huh?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 pm 
Intermediate

Greg wrote:
And what is this part about this tournament "being a fundraiser for the Warwick Disc Golf Championship"?? huh?

It's the new name of Animalfest, and a portion of entry fees from this event are going to support both the Am and Pro weekends of the Warwick Disc Golf Championship.

Just saw on nynjdiscgolf.com that there is now a pre-reg.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Yea I was digging for the NEFA online link but Greg signed up with DGU before I could find it.

Warwick Pre Reg at: http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf ... rn_id/703/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:05 pm 
Intermediate

So there is pre reg now...if you pay day of will they still allow overflow?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:34 pm 
I Am "They"

Josh I don't think so. Greg VN edit below
Greg Van Nest wrote:
C-tier at Warwick on April 21. This will be a fundraising tournament for this year's Warwick Disc Golf Championship (WDGC) (formerly known as Animalfest). It will also be a regional qualifier for NEFA's New England Disc Golf Championship (NEC).

Registration
Register Online Here. It is highly encouraged that you pre-register. It is likely that this event will fill. Those of you that filled out the Google Form will have to register online, as I've deleted that.

Registration fees will be as follows:
MPO $55
MPM $45
FTO $45
MA1 $40
MA2, MA3, MM1, MG1, and FA1 $35
FA2 $20
MJ1 $10

In addition, we are offering a low-cost option for all Am divisions. For only $10, you can play the tournament, get a rating, brag to your friends about how well you finished compared to the competition, but you will not get a player's pack disc nor will you be eligible to win any prize plastic. The $10 will cover PDGA fees, NEFA fees, tournament expenses and fundraising for the WDGC.

Because it is a PDGA event, you will need to pay an extra $10 if you are not a current member (junior division excluded).

Check-in will be from 8:00-9:00 A.M.

Players Packs and Payouts
Am divisions will get a premium plastic disc as a player's pack and prizes will be paid in plastic. Pros will receive no player's pack and will be paid out in cash.

Remember, this is a fundraising tournament for the Warwick Disc Golf Championship. Part of your entry fee will be used to make the fall tournament even better than it has been in the past. The money will be used for both the Pro and Am weekends.

Layouts
Layouts will be determined, but I think it'll probably be Silver-Blue one round and Blue-Silver one round.

Greg Van Nest wrote:
Sigh... I'd hoped to not have to set up pre-registration, but others have convinced me to do so. We're also concerned about the state of Wolfe Woods right now.

So I've revised the first post again and added online pre-registration. It's through DGU. They charge a small fee for online registration. I think it would be wise to pre-register to secure your spot.

I've kept the $10 Am option for no player's pack, no prize. It's the last option on the drop-down menu.

Greg Van Nest wrote:
By the way, since this is a NEC qualifier, we're limiting registration to 45 Ams and 45 Pros. We may adjust that closer to the date if that makes sense.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:20 pm 
Novice

Just signed up, this is going to be so fun.

and by fun I mean challenging.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:44 am 
Intermediate

Looks like around 10 from DisCap. Any thoughts on Car Pooling? I have room for between 4 (sedan) and 6 (mini van) depending on the need.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 am 
Discussion Pro

Beautiful day at a beautiful Park. DisCappers won prizes in many divisions.
Congratulations to TimJ for shooting a 1000 rated round enroute to cashing in the
tough pro open field. :clap: Kenji was leading his division after the first round and
ended up winning some plastic. I was leading the pro gm division after the first round
and won by a few strokes. Glad for the $100 but also happy to shoot rounds rated
above my PDGA rating. I saw Brett with new plastic, good job.Mark you finish in the money?
We'll have more CTPs and the Vibram giveaway at April Showers.
Good job guys, fun times

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:00 pm 
Intermediate

Yeah. $8. Didn't stay for the awards. Did anyone pickup my swag chit. What can I get for $8? A mini disc? It was a wonderful day and a learning experience. BTW. You did great. Congrats.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:58 pm 
I Am "They"

Mark where did you hear $8? I picked up your awards you got 2 discs and a towel. I have them in my bag.