Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:12 pm 
Advanced

replacing the DB5 baskets in j park is a current issue for discap and it appears that just about every one agrees we need up grades to permanent PDGA sanctioned baskets.... and I agree the upgrade is needed. However, I would love to have 18 baskets back when this happens, as I have a property for them. I would gladly accept an 18 hole setup in return for my initial investment of financing and Town Board permission for getting the course setup. I would appreciate any opinions on this idea...ty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:03 am 
WTF ??!!!

Kevin Rounds wrote:
replacing the DB5 baskets in j park is a current issue for discap and it appears that just about every one agrees we need up grades to permanent PDGA sanctioned baskets.... and I agree the upgrade is needed. However, I would love to have 18 baskets back when this happens, as I have a property for them. I would gladly accept an 18 hole setup in return for my initial investment of financing and Town Board permission for getting the course setup. I would appreciate any opinions on this idea...ty

Selling the DB5's is a good way to raise funds for the new baskets. Although the lack of stands will devalue them a bit. :think:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:34 am 
Advanced

Kevin Rounds wrote:

Although the Town recently gave us the green light to upgrade the baskets, it will take a considerable amount of time to fund-raise enough money to complete the new installations. Even if the fundraising campaign goes quickly, it will still take a significant portion of time to install too. Fortunately, this is not an urgent issue since the DB5s have been holding up well for the last decade.

I wasn't around 10 years ago when the baskets were originally installed, but none of my discussions with the Town or Discap has contested that you provided the majority of the baskets. As such, I'd like to thank you and the others that helped create J-Park (Greg, Tim, etc.) because it is the reason I discovered (and became addicted to) disc golf. I also appreciate your support and insight with respect to undertaking this upgrade. As the details eventually get worked out, I'm hopeful that we can work together in everyone's best interest and continue to enhance the #1 Discap course.

I'm look forward to discussing more details over our next round. Hopefully the weather continues to cooperate.

MichiganJeff wrote:
Selling the DB5's is a good way to raise funds for the new baskets. Although the lack of stands will devalue them a bit. :think:

Innova offered us an additional $50 credit per basket if we donate them to a school, hospital...etc. (not another park). Personally I feel the value of the baskets is more than this (even without the stands).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:18 am 
WTF ??!!!

Spring has arrived early and everyone's favorite course needs a little TLC.............

The town came thru with a BIG pile of mulch and we should start getting it spread around to the muddy areas.
Around baskets and trails between baskets and next tees are key.
The ground is still too soft for vehicles so please use wheelbarrows wherever possible.

Thanks to Greg, Ryan and Josh for getting the ball rolling last Tuesday. :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:35 am 
Discussion Pro

I'd be willing to buy 6-8 of the DB-5's, if selling them to raise money is still on the table.

EDIT: I see that Kevin wants his 18 back, so I could buy the other 10. I'd at least like 6.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:12 am 
WTF ??!!!

Jasan and I will be out on hole 10 to finish off that downed tree near the tee.
Also plan to remove the widowmaker over 11's green. I'll be removing the basket temporarily to ensure it doesn't get smashed.

If you're passing thru, please grab some debris and toss it off the fairway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:00 pm 
WTF ??!!!

MichiganJeff wrote:
Jasan and I will be out on hole 10 to finish off that downed tree near the tee.
Also plan to remove the widowmaker over 11's green. I'll be removing the basket temporarily to ensure it doesn't get smashed.

If you're passing thru, please grab some debris and toss it off the fairway.

Jasan, Bill and I crushed this.
Thanks for the rope, Jaimen.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:52 am 
Intermediate

The cutting down of the tree that defined the right side of the fairway on 21 seems questionable. It looked to have a healthy trunk , maybe a few dead branches. Any insight Kenji? Never thought that tree was at risk of coming down personally and now it's gone forever.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:57 pm 
Intermediate

Removal of any large object- dead or alive, should never be done unilaterally. Holes 3 and 21 will never be the same. We need to create a policy in order to prevent future re-occurrences of such activities.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:05 pm 
Intermediate

Removal of any large object- dead or alive, should never be done unilaterally. Holes 3 and 21 will never be the same. We need to create a policy in order to prevent future re-occurrences of such activities. This has happened in the past and I thought we all learned from it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:56 pm 
I Am "They"

The branches on 3 were all very dead. I was just trying to make it look nice. It was mostly short stubby ones on the cedar tree and a few on the pine tree behind it. I could have pulled most of them by hand but thought the clean cut looked good. The trees on 21 were also very dead. I could have pushed them over. The one that was the midfairway was a little less dead then the others. In hindsight I should have left that one a little longer because it was the edge of the gap. It may have stood for a bit but I was able to wiggle it and the top started breaking off that's why I took it. I was just trying to make the course look nice for the jammer. My apologies just trying to beautify the course by removing the dead stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:33 pm 
Intermediate

Nothing can be done now , but it's just sad to see them go even if they have to. Course is looking good thanks for the work! :obscene-drinkingbeer:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:43 am 
WTF ??!!!

Kevin, Greg & Jeff D are going to be doing some last minute cleanup today...... If you're available and nearby, lend them a hand.

Thanks to Jasan for letting us know that Mother Nature is actively messing up things. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:38 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Thanks to Ryan and Dakota for sweeping off tees !!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:45 am 
Discussion Pro

Kevin and Tim and I have finished about 90% of the new connector hole to finish the loop from Basket 27 to Tee 1. It parallels old Fairway 18, about 200 feet west of it, on top of the ridge that runs north-south. We have now designed all the new holes to give us 2 18 hole loops, and you will still be able to play all 36 holes in one easy loop. :D
We still have finishing work to do on the ten new holes. Soon, we will have enough delineated fairways with a temp basket, so that we can start playing these holes and see where the final basket placement works best. There are some flags in place to show the tee boxes, fairways, and basket area.
Tee box construction cannot be done during the winter but I hope we can be ready for the J Park Jammer tournament in June. Please be on the lookout for LARGE pavers (2 foot by 2 foot), that we can use for new tee pads. Tee box construction is a very important component of our courses, and we will need everyone's help constructing these pads.
Please feel free to contact us with questions.
Big thanks to everyone who has lent a hand in creating this layout and I am certain folks will enjoy these new holes!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127  Next