Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1891 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 127  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:04 am 
WTF ??!!!

Inner chains - cost per basket? how many baskets ?
Alt pins - $300 per basket? plus a sleeve, cement and a lock.(short term we could do just do the sleeve and cement and move the existing basket)
Alt tees - cost for framing lumber? Tee sign? (landscape timber@Home Depot $2.97/8 ft )
Gravel for tees - i think there's still a small pile left behind Tee #1 but probably not enough for the 18 tees.
Mulch for greens - cost for a load to delivered? or do we buy bags ? (Pine Mulch @ Home Depot $3.19/2 cu.ft. Cedar Mulch $3.46/2 cu.ft.)
Replace #14 - $300 ?
New Kiosk - cost for materials?
Cement tees - cost per tee? (we still dont have the OK from the city, so nevermind this for now)

I believe that tee gravel, new #14, and inner chains are repairs that should be addressed first(IMO).
Mulch for the "greens" is a good idea and at around $3 a bag, i figure 3 bags per hole? $10 per hole for mulch. (i'll pick up 9 bags today and start this ball rollin'!!!)

If i missed any details here, feel free to say something................ prices from Home Depot are just for discussion purposes ONLY, if you know where we can get a better deal dont hesitate to speak up !!

Last edited by MichiganJeff on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:08 am 
Discussion Pro

Speaking of the kiosk, i think we should put it to better use. I'm going to make a sign appealing to players to return the discs they find. Also, we should have info about dubbs and leagues up there too. There are tons of people coming to the course who may or may not know about these forums. They should be brought into the loop.

Also, what are mulch greens? Just some mulch right around the base of the basket to protect the surface from wear and tear?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:25 am 
WTF ??!!!

you are correct about the mulch greens, Will ..............also makes it easier for park services to mow around baskets, they won't have to get so close as to possibly damage the basket.

I think i'll buy the Cedar mulch........ i was thinking not all 18 holes will need mulch because 4, 6, 9, 15, & 16 are on the rocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:33 pm 
Novice

You should always check with the public works type departments. They often make tons of mulch for public places, and will often give it to local residents and businesses (your tax dollars at work).

You may be able to get several hundred pounds of mulch for free if you ask around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:49 pm 
Discussion Pro

Jeff-the town provides us with mulch. Jeff C made a great Mulch circle around hole 8's basket last year for the Jammer.

Josh did a great job adding mulch around 16's basket.

J-Park could use some Cedar mulch ASAP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:18 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Too late............the bags have already been bought, broke, and spread around. Holes 2, 8, 10, and the tee for 5 are good. All we really need is the city to come out and mulch up the pile from hole 14 and we'd have plenty.

Gravel needed on most all tee boxes........

Post subject: yo
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:20 am 
Discussion Pro

second chains, starts here, funds done, here's the early design stuff. I had a direct hit bounce out that would have been prevented by the Kev system, (no bottom ring, light weight inner danglers). But, we had numerous complaints about hole 3 and 10 as the worst two baskets for bounce outs on the course (anectdotal survey) and they are outfitted with the Kev deal. I propose an imitation of the killer design of the chainstar. the chains are attached at the top an up angled flat ring that allows the chain array to aborb the shock by sliding up the mounting ring before it starts to break around the disc, wow, it really works great. The inner array then ties into the primary lower ring. I don't want to say it, but, if we replace the outer chains with the same lighter gauge it would be huge, but I'm not saying that yet, too much work for me.

Post subject: this
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:00 am 
Discussion Pro

This just in, we will be creating a prototype, known as, "the organic injury and erosion prevention tee area." which will be an earth-tone, tinted aggregate, for your consideration at the rocks, we will do a before and after photo, the before from J-park and the after will have happy dancing fairies and other niceties to completely sell the town, and go after our big sponsors. LaFarge is a cement company that needs good local PR, they wouldn't notice the concrete oops, aggregate, that we need and we could name the Jammer after them, the LaFarge J-park Jammer, sounds good, and wow, can I throw far, off of earth-tone tinted erosion and injury prevention tee areas. etteipta crappy acronym again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:55 pm 
Advanced

Skot,
I really like the earth tone aggregate angle...I am gonna talk to the town super and run by him a couple of things cause he really likes us and could give me solid advice about how to present it at the official board meeting. I suggest we also experiment with the inner chain issue until we come up with a best case setup. we will need everyone ...soft putters fineess putters, hyzer putters slam putters to come up with data test to best affix and implement inner chains...it could a tough since DB5's have a little bit heavier duty chain than most, and I have a feeling that might be part of the current problem. As soon as I am healty enough I will talk to the super, and will report back to the association.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:29 pm 
Discussion Pro

one things for shure about the DB5 chains...they sound better then any other basket!!

PDGA#35267
http://love146.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:58 pm 
Rookie

hey disccappers,
i love jpark and all that but did y'all see my post bout Saratoga Spa? They are looking for input on a master plan for the state park and we need to move, else we get shunted. I would be amenable to working up a "letter of support" on behalf of the DisCap group and contacting Dan Doyle from NEFA who seems to have already contacted them abt the possiblity. Eh? Eh?

ericb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:01 pm 
WTF ??!!!

i'm all for that, Eric.......... we need to draft up a petition and get some signatures.

Post subject: erich
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:21 am 
Discussion Pro

go erich, Dan, the man, Doyle is a legendary course designer and you would do well to contact him and get direction from him, he is usually ten steps ahead and makes things real without messing around. Also real busy and usually building three courses at once. bring letter and we will sign. DB-5 modification will require a ball of weld to close the expanded chain mounting loop, I think I can braze it in with acetylene-oxygen cutting torch, does anyone have that gear, I gave it up years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:45 am 
Discussion Pro

Eric, It would be great if you contacted the Parks folks and ask if we can
make a presentation to the group. Or do we just need a rep to stand up and say " We're here and want some input"
Dan Doyle is the man to ask what is next
Thanks for checking out the Saratoga possibilities

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:12 pm 
Rookie

Ok, I'll contact Dan to see what has already been proposed to the Parks folks and to what feedback he's received. Also, I will take a stab at a letter of support for Disc Golf at the Spa Park on behalf of DisCap. Will post (on the Spa Park thread) when I have more info.
thanks,
EricB

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1891 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 127  Next