Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: ACES
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:22 am 
Advanced

Skott Hanna has finally conquered the cage at J park's Hole 16......his seemingly periodical peppering of that pesky polehole.... has finally accepted his white roc from the tee!! I think that's 6aces at J park. #8 and # 16, 3 times each.

Post subject: ACES
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:35 am 
Advanced

OOPS!!.....thats 7 aces....I almost forgot Greg's incredible ACE on Hole 3!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:13 am 
WTF ??!!!

Skot's ace was a fluke......... i saw a monkey in a tree grab it and then drop it in the basket :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:22 am 
Discussion Pro

I have a plan -- next time I'm at J-park I'm gonna stay at 8 and keep throwing til' I get an ace. I don't care if it taskes all day. Hopefully when I
do it -- somebody will be watching. Maybe I'll try to convince Trace to sit in the car by the road there and film it. I need like a hundred practice disc though. Who wants to sponsor me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:25 am 
Advanced

$hadr@ck wrote:
...I need like a hundred practice disc though. Who wants to sponsor me?

I think Jzip has a few crates full of discs laying around somewhere

PDGA #37691
holding onto DisCap Tag #30 until I swap it for #31

Post subject: don't do it
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:50 am 
Discussion Pro

it's just not the same to tag a basket in a series of 50 drives, I nailed warwick one as I emptied my bag waiting for someone, it was cool but has no connection to the aces I've had in actual rounds, gimme a stack a putters and I'll nail a few 50 footers, but canning one in live action is the chit. There is a special magic to only throwing once, it's kinda boring though, it would suck if we just aced every hole. 17 is next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:18 am 
WTF ??!!!

yes there IS a difference between a "practice" ace and an "in round" ace............ i had a major disagreement with my bud in Michigan about a second drive that went in while we were playing a casual round. He said it didnt "count" as an ace(we were locked in an ace battle for years, i think i'm up by 2 now) and that one gave me the lead at the time.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:35 am 
Discussion Pro

I can see your points. I would just like to experience the thrill of throwing one in the basket from the t-box first. If I nail one during dubs or a casual round then that would be extra special but it doesn't matter to me really. I don't think I'm cheating myself in anyway. remember I only started playing seriously last spring. I just want the confidence boost of nailing chains from the t-box on 8 and watching it happen. on 16 you really can't get the full view like you can on 8.

Post subject: Re: don't do it
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:37 am 
Advanced

skothanna wrote:
..... it would suck if we just aced every hole. 17 is next.

I had a sweet drive on 17 during doubles on Tuesday. Landed 5 feet from the hole. Was on a perfect line to the basket. Almost a drop in birdie. I'm in the running to ace 17. May not do it first, but I believe I will. I want to ace #2 too.

PDGA #37691
holding onto DisCap Tag #30 until I swap it for #31

Post subject: hit it
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:58 pm 
Discussion Pro

I haven't hit 17, about a foot over the top once, several a foot or two left or right, I've hit the post on 2 but it was sliding, I've overthrown 2 through the gap 3 or four times, just missed 3 twice by a foot or two to the right. I've hit 8 three times, once I skipped a firebird off the front rim through all the chains and out the back. Basically an ace is an overthrow that gets happy. and of course my own basket 13 was kind enough to jump up a couple of inches just as I nailed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:59 am 
WTF ??!!!

#16 was aced again Sunday after monkey league.................. newcomer Michigan Phil with his brand new crystal Buzz........ 6 people witnessed the his first ace !!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:09 pm 
Intermediate

It all started Friday night when we ordered Chinese food. I received a fortuneless fortune cookie. I searched the web to seek the signifigance of this event. I have been eating chinese food for 35 years and this has never happened before. Anyway, the web did not provide the answer to this very important question. The best answer I found is that it proves that the fortune cookie baking process is not 100% complete and they have room for improvement.

Saturday morning Noah and I go out to play a round. Noah was completely on fire- throwing his Leopard farther than I have ever seen before. On hole 1, he threw it 30 feet beyond the gaurdian trees. On hole 4, he was at the base of the rocks after his 2nd shot. He also took a 4 on 18 throwing only side arm shots.

Hole 10 has been deflowered. Right hand, back hand, 172 gram Champion sidewinder that I bought from Scoontar.

On a side note: I met a guy named Dave from Oneata who works for their town park and rec dept. He wants to build a course in Oneata. I said that folks from our club would be more than willing to assist in layout. I also suggested that Kevin maybe able to provide the name of a town superviser who might be willing to give us a positive reference. Anyway, Dave will post when he is ready for assistance.

Josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:37 pm 
Discussion Pro

wow, hole 10? Nobody saw that coming! I can't even fathom a line that would produce an ace on that hole. Great job.

My guess was 13 would be next.
Dwayne think's 9.
Someone else said 11.
Zipkin's gunning for 15.
Will's gonna get 6.

I think they're all ace-able except for 4, 14, and 18

PDGA#35267
http://love146.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:50 pm 
Discussion Pro

Awesome Josh! You were pretty close to hitting one on 9 & then 10 at dubs this passed week also. I knew you were locked in. nice work!

this one time I nearly aced 10 with my digi-camera rolling. I set it up on the picnic table and ran up threw down. I tried this several times but did end up with a nice deuce - about 3 ft from the basket.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:40 pm 
WTF ??!!!

wino249 wrote:
It all started Friday night when we ordered Chinese food. I received a fortuneless fortune cookie. I searched the web to seek the signifigance of this event. I have been eating chinese food for 35 years and this has never happened before. Anyway, the web did not provide the answer to this very important question. The best answer I found is that it proves that the fortune cookie baking process is not 100% complete and they have room for improvement.

Hole 10 has been deflowered. Right hand, back hand, 172 gram Champion sidewinder that I bought from Scoontar.

I have a similar fortune cookie story......... one of the first times i had Chinese food in the NY area, the fortune cookie message said "Oops, wrong cookie" ...... i kept it because i never seen a fortune message that was funny, usually their always serious

Congrats on the Ace Josh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great to have Noah there for a witness, that'll be a "What I did this summer" story for school..........

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next