Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:20 am 
Intermediate

the discs are sweet! I picked up a VIP harp and a trespass and bagged both immediately. Props to Mel for the stamp design and to Jasan for ordering the discs!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:28 pm 
Advanced

I dug a hole for the new putting basket today...where I told the town we would move it to...also started clean up on hole 2a, and will be out there again tomorrow if any one wants get exercise and course mojo from dragging wood debris off the fairway....also want to address the db 5 baskets that are being replaced...I will be recovering my investment to start j park by taking the 18 holes and placing them on karens and mine beautiful private property close to j park...I will facilitate that process to avoid any confusion among discap members not privy to the evolution of this course and its development....
9 baskets were purchased by me thru the towns approval for the previous expansion to 27 holes in the east woods ...they will be available ...I assume kenji and jeff will approach me if someone contacts them to buy 9 of the remaining holes ...I would think raffle the baskets one by one would be the most beneficial for those monies to go back to j park for pavers on the new holes...after all the town does deserve to have the monies recycled in their investment in me and disc golf course.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:59 am 
Advanced

Thanks again for your investment and dedication to J-Park, Kevin. I am personally in favor of keeping 9 DB-5s on the course as a tribute, but if there's a better way to serve the Town's purchase, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it. A few new updates with respect to the basket project:

I picked up the first 19 baskets from Powmat with the help of Earl. Another huge thanks to Earl and his employer, Powmat, for facilitating the receiving of the baskets and contributing an additional $1000 towards the fund! :clap: Thanks to JWinn for help unloading too. We will do a test run this weekend with the practice basket, and I hope to have a larger scale workday on April 22 and April 23, weather depending. I obtained a large hammer drill to use but had to order a large-enough coring bit to accommodate the new sleeves. I plan on purchasing the remaining materials this weekend to make sure we're all good to go.

The J-Park Discs turned out great and we sold the majority of them the first night. Big thanks to Mel for contributing the design and supporting the fund. The J-park donation jar has also been hard at work thanks to Michigan Jeff. I will update the fund balance shortly to include all of the recent fundraising and donations. If you are available on April 22 or April 23, not playing in the monthly and would like to help out, please let me know. Right now the extended forecast looks perfect for installation.

Thanks Everyone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:36 am 
Intermediate

Joe Gas wrote:
the discs are sweet! I picked up a VIP harp and a trespass and bagged both immediately. Props to Mel for the stamp design and to Jasan for ordering the discs!

Thank You Joe.
I also took a Harp on the recommendation of Greg; might just be too pretty to play with though.
It might find a place on my "Disc's of Distinction" shelf.
Also took a few Truths an Escape & Felon on the recommendation of Jaimen. I look forward to trying them out.

Thank You to Jasan.
It was a pleasure working on a project with someone that communicated clearly, promptly and with courtesy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:45 am 
Advanced

thanks to all who do so much to bring the j to its potential...we have a group of passionate discers who have made this happen, and I am very pleased we have reached the point of making j park a true disc golf heaven in just 11 years without a lot of agency help.
:clap:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:46 pm 
Intermediate

Kevin Rounds wrote:
thanks to all who do so much to bring the j to its potential...we have a group of passionate discers who have made this happen, and I am very pleased we have reached the point of making j park a true disc golf heaven in just 11 years without a lot of agency help.
:clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :obscene-drinkingbeer:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:30 pm 
Discussion Pro

Let the fun begin!! Today Kevin and Jasan started installing the new baskets by digging and cementing
in the new bases for Holes 1 and 27 and the new Practice basket placement.
After the cement dries we will put in the new baskets. Moving the old baskets to the 9 new holes that are 96% finished ( rough tee boxes currently)
We will be replacing the current J-West layout first, 1 through12 and 22 to 27.
The new Hole 36 ( connecting 27 to 1), is nearly finished.
18-A and 18-B are also nearly done.
More work days will pop up. Let Kevin and Jasan know when you're available!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:43 pm 
Advanced

Sleeve installation went in pretty easy on the 3 we tried today. Much thanks to Kevin, Greg, Gene and JWinn for helping out.

Hoping the weather lets us install most of the baskets next weekend (4/22 & 4/23). Anyone who is available, please let us know!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:52 pm 
Novice

I can help before noon both days!

PDGA #77987

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:37 pm 
WTF ??!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:29 pm 
Intermediate

MichiganJeff wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Beautiful! Thank You!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:13 am 
WTF ??!!!

I printed up a flyer for the kiosk explaining our ongoing course work and also added it to the J-Park home page here on the website. http://discap.net/courses/j-park/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:33 pm 
Intermediate

Greg wrote:
Let the fun begin!! Today Kevin and Jasan started installing the new baskets by digging and cementing
in the new bases for Holes 1 and 27 and the new Practice basket placement.
After the cement dries we will put in the new baskets. Moving the old baskets to the 9 new holes that are 96% finished ( rough tee boxes currently)
We will be replacing the current J-West layout first, 1 through12 and 22 to 27.
The new Hole 36 ( connecting 27 to 1), is nearly finished.
18-A and 18-B are also nearly done.
More work days will pop up. Let Kevin and Jasan know when you're available!

Thanks for the detailed info.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Wow.
The metallic yellow "flowers" blooming at J-Park is quite the sight to see.
A dream come true for me and countless others that call this place home.
I would be honored to drop one in the sleeve if given the opportunity.

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:26 am 
Advanced

There will be plenty of opportunities to drop baskets in sleeves. 36 more to be precise.

The real honor is installing the sleeves.

Thanks to Bill Archer for cutting the old sleeves out and thanks to Harry for doing some work on the new sleeves. The new practice basket makes a great double mando target from the pavilion.

We plan on doing work this weekend. Anyone who wants to lend a hand, please let me know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next