Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:01 pm 
Intermediate

Sent $100 USD to the club!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:59 pm 
Intermediate

Jasan, the mailing address that you posted for the Club is not correct.
The correct address is:
DisCap
2070 Central Ave.
Schenectady NY, 12304

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:54 am 
Intermediate

My idea for fundraising at J Dubs:

I was working out in Rochester most of last summer -- To feed the addiction I played in their dubs league for a few weeks. I was in a group with the main guy (Ryan) who runs the league and he mentioned the best fund raising tool they had started was Mulligans.

How it works:
Players have the option to buy 1 mulligan at start of round for $2
Mulligan can be used to reshoot any 1 shot during the round
The second shot must be taken if mulligan is used -- there is no choice between shots. There is still the option to take other player's shot.
Mulligans -- when used -- are marked on scorecard to assure no one mistakenly uses 2

Speaking to Ryan -- he said it was their best fundraising idea for the club because NO MONEY GETS PAID OUT -- ALL GOES INTO THE POT
They had planned on using it for a few weeks for a specific goal, but it brings in $100 a week and they have decided to keep it permanently in place.

I floated this idea last year to a few folks and most seemed to be for it, but there were several folks who -- at the time -- were reticent. I understand we are playing for money -- but so is Rochester, I asked Ryan if there were any issues related to mulligans (people trying to use them if they didnt pay, trying to use more than 1, any competitive advantage/disadvantage, player complaints) and he mentioned several times that there were none.
At an average of 35 players over 28 weeks -- this would raise a cool $1960 for baskets :character-koolaid:

Thoughts? Concerns?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:16 am 
WTF ??!!!

Just to make sure I'm clear on this idea...........

Both players from "Team A" buy a mulligan.
They both end up hitting first available on hole 18 and kick off into the woods.
First player uses a mulligan and proceeds to pure a 2nd one way up the fairway.
Is the partner allowed to throw a mulligan on the same hole? Giving them an extra upshot/putt could result in a two stroke swing. :think:

I'm still not on board with this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:13 am 
Intermediate

MichiganJeff wrote:
Just to make sure I'm clear on this idea...........

Both players from "Team A" buy a mulligan.
They both end up hitting first available on hole 18 and kick off into the woods. You have to say you're using a mulligan directly after your shot -- cant wait to see if second guy gorks it out.
First player uses a mulligan and proceeds to pure a 2nd one way up the fairway.
Is the partner allowed to throw a mulligan on the same hole? Giving them an extra upshot/putt could result in a two stroke swing. :think: We could easily say only one mulligan allowed on a hole per team -- as each player would only have one, its a minimal change

Also -- to state it again -- its not like cali, where player has a choice of 2 shots.....the mulligan replaces your first shot. There is a definite possibility of it not improving you at all.

I'm still not on board with this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:59 am 
WTF ??!!!

Gotcha.
I like the restriction of 1 mulligan used per team, per hole.
And calling the mulligan before your partner throws also limits the advantage.

Hmmmmmmm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:15 pm 
Advanced

Mel has done a fantastic job designing a fundraiser disc for J-Park!!! These discs will be available to purchase in the near future.

Check them out:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7rRZd4nNpNpXzh1dzlzTDFWVWlLRldNWlJ1UnhGRTJlWjRN/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7rRZd4nNpNpMXNCZFRURnZsVFA3NkFLQ0Q0VnZncEJUUTVV/view?usp=sharing

Both designs illustrate the historic Kiln on Hole 11. The first design is a tribute to the current project underway at J-Park. The second design is a timeless J-Park stamp. We would like to use one of these graphics very shortly to fundraise for the new baskets. Please let us know what you'd be interested in purchasing, so we can get an idea of what to order.

Huge thanks to Mel and Greg for getting this done!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:35 pm 
WTF ??!!!

2016 thru 2020 ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:10 am 
Intermediate

I really like them. I also think Mel should have a little personal signature on each design as well. We should get them ordered from Dynamic Discs. With Mine Kill and April showers approaching there will be plenty of innova to be had. Just my 2 cents. Thank you Mel!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:44 pm 
Intermediate

MichiganJeff wrote:
2016 thru 2020 ?

These are the dates that I took from the master plan for J-Park.
Which are the combined projects of the "basket upgrade" & "expansion".
This design was intended as a commemorative, limited edition (50) fundraising disc for the combined projects.
Which is the J-Park Renovation.

I envisioned this limited edition disc to be cast in a mold(whatever players wanted) of sky blue, metal flake champion Innova plastic with black ink stamp.

But.... That is only my opinion. I'm looking for other opinions.
Thanks, M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:56 pm 
Intermediate

ShreddedCoconut wrote:
I really like them. I also think Mel should have a little personal signature on each design as well. We should get them ordered from Dynamic Discs. With Mine Kill and April showers approaching there will be plenty of innova to be had. Just my 2 cents. Thank you Mel!

Thanks Josh,
Though I had envisioned the explanation that I gave Jeff, I have left the final decision up to the members/players and the folks in charge of ordering. Whom I respect.

PS- I did the initial hand drawn design. My good friend (LA) did all the tech stuff.
Also, Thank You, for the "White Tees" at J.
Though I play the original tees with my Guy friends. My Gal friends like the "Whites" and so do I.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:10 pm 
Discussion Pro

I'm down with Innova for every tournament & event. Regardless of manufacturer, I'll buy some of these, for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:11 pm 
Discussion Pro

Those are awesome! Looking forward to buying one!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:43 pm 
I Am "They"

I just ordered 19 Discatchers!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:45 pm 
Intermediate

Fantastic! Thanks!
It's Looking Goooooood...!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next