Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:18 am 
Novice

19 baskets are here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:26 am 
WTF ??!!!

Earl wrote:
19 baskets are here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:09 am 
I Am "They"

Mel wrote:
Jasan, Jeff & Kenji,
Thank You for the detailed info on the proposed plan for target replacement at J. This sounds like a good plan.

I was not at the Annual Meeting so... Did not hear any of this prior. And I don't believe it was posted on the site?
Last I heard Kenji & Jeff wanted to put new baskets on the new holes first. Jasan advocated for replacing the original 27 first. Kevin wanted J North or South replaced first?

Yes, I know the Town wants the practice basket moved, I was the person that took the heat from the Town Park Supervisor (Nelson?).

My poor attitude is a culmination of many little problems I've had over the years dealing with the developement of Stonykill and dealing with the board.

I apologize for sounding a bit snippy but it did get me the detailed information that I was looking for on target replacement at J.

Thanks!

I really wish you would stop getting your information from hearsay and reach out to me with your questions. How many more times do you need to be misinformed and then put up posts that just perpetuates that misinformation. The new holes are not ready for baskets yet.
The problems you have are your own making. Have I not addressed any concern you have had when you brought it directly to me? I keep asking you to do so. I'm really here to help.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:31 pm 
Intermediate

I received the information on this project from discussions on this thread.

I am interested in this project so read this thread faithfully.

Page 4 is where I got the impression that You and Jeff were for putting new targets on the new expansion holes instead of installing old DB 5's for now.

I agree with your suggestion (and Jasans) for replacing J-West first (along with the practice basket).
These are the holes that get played the most.

I still am not clear on how the "expansion" will be financed.

From reading this thread I believe that the "basket upgrade" funding is separate and All the funds collected so far are to go for the replacement of the original 29 baskets. Along with contributions from the DisCap general fund.

How is the "expansion" being financed?
I have heard nothing of a fundraising plan for this project.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:11 pm 
Advanced

Yes, the basket upgrade fund I'm tracking on this forum is for replacing the existing baskets.

The club, however, has a longer view and is committed to completing all 39 baskets. The funds that are contributed by the club go toward upgrading/installing all 39 baskets. Since the club is using significant funds to help purchase baskets, the accounting separation of the "upgrade" baskets and the "expansion" baskets is moot unless the club contributes 26% or less (10 / 39) to the total basket purchase. Based on discussions with the BoDs, I highly doubt this will be a concern. Nonetheless, I will continue to track the upgrade donations to ensure the funds are apportioned appropriately and we stay on track with the project. We will also continue to fundraise after the existing baskets are upgraded to help keep J-Park Improvements moving forward.

Hope this helps clarify things.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:22 pm 
Intermediate

Thank You, this does help clarify.
Hence my concern about muddling the funds for basket purchase.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:43 pm 
Intermediate

kenji, what's your say on this?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:42 pm 
Intermediate

Kevin Rounds wrote:
who is gonna make benches...we need some for the new holes....Mel????? and train greg to build them as well?

I would be willing to build a couple if "whites" tees are in the plan too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:12 am 
WTF ??!!!

Mel wrote:
Page 4 is where I got the impression that You and Jeff were for putting new targets on the new expansion holes instead of installing old DB 5's for now.
I looked back to page 4. We were clearly in a fluid discussion with no decision being finalized here on the forum. You keep trying to spin this into the Club taking control of the funds and "muddling them" into the general club finances. Almost like you have no trust in Bob Hoffman's ability to be the Treasurer.

I agree with Kenji that it's insulting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:18 pm 
Intermediate

I know a saw mill with free slab wood that would probably work great for benches.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:47 pm 
Intermediate

MichiganJeff wrote:
Mel wrote:
I looked back to page 4. We were clearly in a fluid discussion with no decision being finalized here on the forum. You keep trying to spin this into the Club taking control of the funds and "muddling them" into the general club finances. Almost like you have no trust in Bob Hoffman's ability to be the Treasurer.

I agree with Kenji that it's insulting.

No need to be insulted. Just want to find out the story on J-Park renovation
Financing. Yes, it is my right.
I have no disrespect for Bob or anyone else.
But... You (the board) should inform the membership more about what's going on with the Club.
Why no news? Could you post club meeting minutes? If not, what's the reason?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:34 am 
WTF ??!!!

jaimenhume wrote:
I know a saw mill with free slab wood that would probably work great for benches.

That works.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:28 pm 
Advanced

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:38 pm 
Advanced

I have a stupid question...are we using dymanic discs company to make a disc for the raising of funds for innova disc catchers but we don't use their (innova)discs to promote that effort??????? why?????

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:54 pm 
Advanced

Yes, the goal is not to saturate the locals with the same molds. I just ordered almost 300 Innova discs for Mine Kill with a dozen different molds (including GStar Terns ;) ). Michigan Jeff uses Innova for April Showers, Jammer, etc. etc. Harry just received an enormous order from Innova as well. Instead of totally flooding the region with one manufacturer, we decided it would be better to offer something else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next