Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:36 am 
Intermediate

Jason, if it's not found, you can have mine the next time I see you. I don't use those cards...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 am 
WTF ??!!!

Got word from the Parks Dept that we can move forward with the back 9.......

:clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:28 am 
Intermediate

I am volunteering to make two benches for Blatnick and do all the leg work with the Town parks Dept. Can someone throw out a name and phone # of who I should contact. I need to find out what's what before I go ahead and build. If benches are in the works, if not suggest the donation of two benches, learn required design criteria etc.
My thought is placement on #1 long and #5 long. They will not interfere with mowing and are shaded.
Suggestions welcome.
I will donate my time to build, but will want to be compansated for materials. I will need help with delivery and placement.
Thank You, Mel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:41 am 
WTF ??!!!

I would like to find time to get the ball rolling on design of the next 9 and installation of the temporary bucket targets.
We got a good feel of what the new flow will be like from the last Monthly back in November. Kenji and I discussed a few different modifications but getting targets in and people playing it for feedback is key to having a plan ready once the ground thaws. Lack of snow is also a plus for rummaging thru the surrounding woods for a few more holes.

Starting next week, I'm gonna get busy laying out the holes on a map so we can get some stakes/flags in the ground. Not sure how frozen the ground is out there so digging holes may be an issue.

Tentatively planning a walk in the woods for Saturday the 30th.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:02 am 
I Am "They"

Mel wrote:
I am volunteering to make two benches for Blatnick and do all the leg work with the Town parks Dept. Can someone throw out a name and phone # of who I should contact. I need to find out what's what before I go ahead and build. If benches are in the works, if not suggest the donation of two benches, learn required design criteria etc.
My thought is placement on #1 long and #5 long. They will not interfere with mowing and are shaded.
Suggestions welcome.
I will donate my time to build, but will want to be compansated for materials. I will need help with delivery and placement.
Thank You, Mel

Hi Mel benches would be great. Although it's not something we'd want to purchase when there is ton of free bench making materials in the woods. It would require chainsaw work and moving logs. I'm not sure you would want to take on the task. Please feel free to if you'd like.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:17 pm 
Intermediate

Hi Kenji, Sorry I'm already a go with the parks Dept.
If there is a problem with my request for composition for materials, too bad. I offered to make benches last year and heard nothing. So... I play there and want a couple of benches to rest if I choose. And if I will not be compensated from the club, fine. It will be a donation. But, that is what you were fishing for. Right?
Mel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:31 pm 
I Am "They"

I wasn't fishing for anything. Just don't think we should spend money on something we can build for free. There is nothing wrong with your request. I was a bit taken aback by the "too bad" comment. Why the aggression. I'm only 1 voice on the board of directors and don't want to see you invest in something that you may not get reimbursed for by us. We as a club have only been consultants/designers/free labor for blatnick. The town has made all the purchases for the course.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:37 pm 
WTF ??!!!

kenjiac wrote:
We as a club have only been consultants/designers/free labor for Blatnick. The town has made all the purchases for the course.
A KEY aspect that has not been the case with most courses in the area and across the country. And aside from some trimming/cutting we did, the Town also provided the labor for tee and basket installation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:23 pm 
Intermediate

Kenji & Jeff, As I said it's already a go with the Parks Dept. You wanted doers right? I'm a doer.
I have communicated with Julie Lohre who sent me to Lori Perine. They have accepted my design for placement on 1 long & 5 long in about two months.
They are very Thankful to Me/DisCap for this donation. There was nothing in their plan or funding of benches on the course.
Please don't be offended by my direct and from the gut replies when it comes to getting something done.
I will still need help with delivery and placement.
Thank You, Mel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:10 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Thanks for the help, Mel. Once the next 9 are done there may be another tee or 2 that need a bench.

I'll be out there tomorrow to work on the next 9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:17 am 
Advanced

:clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:52 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Still too frozen for stakes or flags.......... roamed the small wooded area north of the dog park, see potential for an extra hole in there. Much less brush clearing too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:41 pm 
Intermediate

MichiganJeff wrote:
Still too frozen for stakes or flags.......... roamed the small wooded area north of the dog park, see potential for an extra hole in there. Much less brush clearing too.

Thanks Jeff. I don't quite know where you mean by North of the dog park? Behind 7's basket?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:16 am 
I Am "They"

Yes on the 18 hole layout we'll be playing to what is basket 7 now from out of those woods. Hole 7 was a temp hole to close the loop for the 9hole layout.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:55 am 
WTF ??!!!

Mel wrote:
MichiganJeff wrote:

Thanks Jeff. I don't quite know where you mean by North of the dog park? Behind 7's basket?

Yes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next