Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:38 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Trying to fit it in between Jammer prep, J-Dubz, other tournaments, a full time job and other life events.
Probably be out this weekend.............

No word from the Town on baskets. I'm hoping that the appearance of the temp targets lights a fire.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:02 pm 
Intermediate

OK, I'm not worried about it. Was just wondering, hadn't heard anything on it in awhile.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:56 am 
WTF ??!!!

Life always manages to get in the way of fun stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:22 pm 
WTF ??!!!

So I got out for a few hours today......... things really, REALLY grew in. :shock: Gonna need a crew with power tools to complete this course.

For now, I marked out 5 new holes with two tees per hole.

- Hole A: Tee from the number 7 tees throwing the opposite direction. Telephone pole with two transformers on top is the general direction of pin. Heinous rollaway green.
- Hole B: Long & short tees marked. Uphill to the post with pink ribbon.
- Hole C: Long & short tees marked. Par 4 along the Mohawk. Slightly downhill with possible OB rock area right/downhill of the pin.
- Hole D: Long & short tees marked. Uphill shot along the bike path. Possible OB path that crosses the fairway about 35' short of the pin. Rollaway green.
- Hole E: Long & short tees marked. Uphill away from the left field fence. Possible OB path behind the basket.
- Hole F: Long & short tees marked. The plan is to have a pocket green in the woods but it grew in fairly thick. NO TARGET INSTALLED YET.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:52 pm 
Intermediate

Thank You!
Yes things are thick, I played a couple of days ago and noticed that 4 needed weed whacking/mowing and around many baskets. Is the parks dept in charge of this?
I still see very few people playing this course.
I tend to like that but it would be nice to run into other players now and then.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:45 pm 
Intermediate

Today I met the person who is doing time (community service) for graffiti on the mower shed.
He was removing it, a very long process.
A nice & friendly young man, said he has to do 100 hours. Also said he wasn't the painter, but was the one caught and took all the blame.

I asked him if he played disc golf, if not, he should.
He said he was familiar with it, his father plays and his collage has a course. I think he'll try it.

I hope they will make him spread new mulch around the baskets. They could use it especially the field holes.

I thanked him for removing the graffiti and told him his "painter friend"owes him Big Time. :handgestures-salute:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:46 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Mel wrote:
Today I met the person who is doing time (community service) for graffiti on the mower shed.
He was removing it, a very long process.
A nice & friendly young man, said he has to do 100 hours. Also said he wasn't the painter, but was the one caught and took all the blame.

I asked him if he played disc golf, if not, he should.
He said he was familiar with it, his father plays and his collage has a course. I think he'll try it.

I hope they will make him spread new mulch around the baskets. They could use it especially the field holes.

I thanked him for removing the graffiti and told him his "painter friend"owes him Big Time. :handgestures-salute:

GREAT story, Mel !!! Wish I could've been there.
I'll have to go by and take an "after" picture.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:09 pm 
Rookie

:clap:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:53 am 
Intermediate

He made considerable progress but it remains to be seen if it all can be removed.

BTW, The field areas of the course were absolutely buzzing with honey bees collecting nectar from the Birdsfoot trefoil (yellow flowers). Nice to see SO many honey bees. I made it around twice without getting stung. Luckily they are mellow little dudes. But... Just a warning to you folks that are allergic to stings.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:21 pm 
WTF ??!!!

http://yourniskayuna.com/blog/2016/10/1 ... -for-2017/

NISKAYUNA — Niskayuna residents can expect to see a tax increase this year, as the town takes on improvements to its wastewaster treatment plant and its discgolf course.

A tentative budget of $15,021,504 was proposed by the town of Niskayuna for 2017. This is an increase of $505,406 from the adopted 2016 budget.

The proposed homestead tax rate is $2.76 per $1,000 of assessed value, which is up from last year’s $2.65. The non-homestead tax rate has increased from $5.51 in 2016 to 5.67.

The median home value in Niskayuna is assessed at $274,400. Thus the average homeowner would pay $756.22 in town property taxes. In 2016, the average taxpayer paid $728.35 in town property taxes.

According to town supervisor Joe Landry, the budget increase from $14.4 million in 2016 to $15 million is due to several large-scale projects.

Since August, the town has been working to replace water lines on Pearse and Lishakill Roads and costs from this project will be carried over into 2017.

Improvements to the town’s wastewater treatment plant on Whitmyer Drive also make up a large portion of the proposed budget.

Some of these improvements will include a new electrical system, a generator and tanks.

The police department will also be purchasing new vehicles and adding another staff member, due to the recent retirement of Officer Michael Terwilliger.

The town will be building a new water and sewer garage on WTRY Road, next to their highway facility, making both department operations run more efficiently.

“We’re continually changing our programs as well. It’s another large part of our budget,” Landry said, citing the Niskayuna soccer camp and the Fall Fun Run as two prime examples.

An expansion of the town’s disc golf course is also in store for 2017, taking the course from nine holes to a full 18.

The town will also be building new playgrounds in the next year, although the locations are undecided.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:55 pm 
Intermediate

you'r taxes are going up but your getting 9 more disc golf holes! I bet the Nisky residents love us lol

PDGA #77987

http://www.deucesquad.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:08 pm 

Just wanted to drop a course condition update in case anyone was wondering:

MUCH water and slush lol.

I bring my dog to the dog park frequently right where the course is, so if you people enjoy some updates, I won't mind posting every now and then to give some insight. Was back there yesterday to let the pup enjoy a messy time. It doesn't look bad to the naked eye in the playing field, but retrieving a Frisbee I was met with a good 2-4 inches of water in some places.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:49 am 
WTF ??!!!

Shimmy wrote:
Just wanted to drop a course condition update in case anyone was wondering:

MUCH water and slush lol.

I bring my dog to the dog park frequently right where the course is, so if you people enjoy some updates, I won't mind posting every now and then to give some insight. Was back there yesterday to let the pup enjoy a messy time. It doesn't look bad to the naked eye in the playing field, but retrieving a Frisbee I was met with a good 2-4 inches of water in some places.

Thanks for the updates, Josh. I'm going to be contacting Town soon to walk thru my plan to complete the 18-hole layout.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:41 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Presented the plan to the PTB and its a go.
Baskets arrived on Friday and installation will start soon.
I spent all morning today re-staking tees, marking pin positions and cleared a green area for 12.

It's finally happening!!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:47 am 
WTF ??!!!

Got out last week to work on a couple woods holes........
12 is playable aside from the soggy green.
13 is walkable but not yet marked. Post for the pin location is approximate.
14 white tee is marked and some clearing is started where the fairway exits the woods(current 7 pin)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next