Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:41 pm 
WTF ??!!!

The reason its been two years in the planning because the town hadn't given us the go ahead up until October of last year. There are some issues with the landfill that is preventing us from completing the course for the near future but we're gonna be patient and play nice because Niskayuna is basically the first town that offered to fund the majority of the course. Yea, i'll agree with you that the options are limited up here but the player base is still pretty small also.

And for the third time, the buckets are easier to adjust while planning a course. Yea the baskets have stands but that leaves them open to thieves. The "fun factor" you continue to bring up is irrelevant because the buckets aren't anything more than a placeholder. And where did you see the "many" bucket targets this past week or so? Last time I checked there was just one just out there and that entire hillside is slated for some reconstruction of the landfill cap, which is why we're not installing baskets there just yet.

Again..... research things before your show up and run your mouth. You're making yourself sound very immature.

As for the freaks and weirdos comment.........that's pretty much the disc golf demographic I've run across in my 28 years of playing. You're not telling us anything new.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:55 pm 
WTF ??!!!

And why do you re-register here each time you want to comment? Trouble remembering a password? Shoot me an email if you need help resetting your password.

Next time your in town, hit up Thursday doubles at CPS. The locals would have a blast playing a round with you. :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:13 pm 

Hey guys I've played with a couple of you before (doubles thursday) but due to being in school year round I don't get to meet up as much as I would like; however I have a bunch of friends (we're all pretty novice) that alternate between hyzer and Schenectady. So much to my suprise the other day when I was looking for par information on Schenectady that they were building a new park in Niskayuna!!!! So me and a couple of buddies went out last weekend to check it out, and I loved it. The wind was a major factor (windiest day this year + this park = some discs went backwards after we threw them). However even with the map that we had from somewhere (I think the map from when the place was originally mapped out) we got quite lost.

I downloaded the video in this thread but there was no sound at all, and the map still looks a little confusing (as far as what holes are up and what one's aren't) Anyone want to help me out a little bit, like the 2 holes in the woods ...... those are 2 and 4???? and 1 starts out back near the driving range? Is the map from december 5th still the most up to date?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:25 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Welcome to the party Chad !

Yea this map from December map is the latest one we have. The A & B holes(bucket targets) have been altered and combined into a single temp hole to fill the gap between 6 to 7. The "A" hole :lol: pin position is just too swampy of an area to use anymore.
As for you question about the baskets in the woods, yes that is 2 & 4. Yes tee #1 is tucked in the trees near the driving range. You have to throw across the road to the pin on the hill.

The park workers that are assigned to install tees are busy until mid-May so we're kinda stuck with some flags and stakes to mark the tees until they're ready to start construction. They've also asked us not to hammer in too many stakes because they're worried the mowers will get damaged.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:32 pm 
Discussion Pro

Quote:
Doofus Mc Foolster Wrote:
I would go to a course that isn't finished because playing in a driveway would be better than sunny brook

True. Playing in a driveway is a better choice, than Sunnybrook. I sometimes skip playing at Warwick, just to throw up and down my driveway.

Maybe Doofus is onto something.

Next week Dubs at Doofus's Driveway.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:43 am 
WTF ??!!!

News story in the Gazette today. I don't have a subscription so I can't read it all.

Also found this blog from last December........ http://norockingchairforme.blogspot.com ... earby.html

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:23 am 
WTF ??!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:30 am 
Intermediate

Slight missed opportunity this past weekend. Every year, Niskayuna has "Niska-Day" - basically just a big community parade, fair, entertainment and exhibit day. Stopped by this past Saturday and in the exhibit tent, the Niskayuna Driving Range had a table with info which caught my eye. I think next year, DisCap should probably get on the exhibitors list and have a little public relations and marketing session for Blatnick (and the club in general) by setting up a table ans showing off our courses, people, community efforts (Central Park trash clean-up, Ice Bowl Food/Money donations, etc.). It's held on the fields of one of their elemntary schools, so there would be enough room to set up a portable basket or 2 for putting or whatever. I'll be resident of the town next year, so I"ll try to keep this on my radar and get us involved in time.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:16 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Scanner blows at work but you can read it....

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:52 pm 
Advanced

MJ, thanks for making that readable here

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:05 am 
Intermediate

Does anything else need to be done from our side with Niskayuna, or is it just waiting on the Parks dept to finish up? Is the plan to get the 9 holes completely done this year or all 18?

I'll be a resident of the town in 2 weeks, so if anything is needed from a taxpayer (I don't think we have any other town residents in the group?), let me know. I wouldn't mind pushing some buttons if needed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:07 pm 
WTF ??!!!

Tee construction for the first nine are ongoing, with two on each hole to be completed by July.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:15 pm 
Discussion Pro

Do we have a design yet for the next 9 holes?
Too bad we can't go back into those fields past the work zone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:24 pm 
I Am "They"

We have a preliminary design done. But it will need play and tweaking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:58 pm 
Novice

Played Blatnick on Tuesday. Teeing off on hole 1 with a great drive
that skipped and touched the cage....a FISHER ambles across the fairway,
not 30 feet in front of the blue tee.

I hear stories of how vicious Fishers can be, and they would certainly take
on a cat or small dog, so be careful out there. Don't try to get close. I hear they
often simply attack without any warning.

Lost a sidewinder in the very tall weeds in the gulley/bowl on hole 5.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next