Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:50 am 
Offline
Intermediate

Posts: 294
Hi Tim, I'd love to see a Fisher again. One ran across the road in front of my car in Columbia Co a few years back. They are a formidable predator. The largest member of the weasel family that live in this area. That is unless Wolverines have moved in. Haven't heard this yet. I haven't heard of a healthy Fisher attacking a person, I'm sure it has happened though. But a rabid one, now that's a different story! How terrifying! Wowie Zowie! Was this sighting around sunset?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:20 am 
Offline
Intermediate

Posts: 294
Oh Yes, I forgot about Otters. I think they are bigger then Fishers? So... Fishers are the second largest Mustelid(weasel type carnivore)that live in this area.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:34 am 
Offline
Novice

Posts: 51
Yes, it was late in the day, but before 7pm. Still very sunny.
They are mostly nocturnal but do move around in the day.
I think I may have disturbed his sleep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:36 am 
Offline
WTF ??!!!
User avatar

Posts: 13759
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Hole 4 is featured on http://www.dgcoursereview.com/ today !!!

_________________
I buy all my plastic at MSt !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:09 pm 
Offline
Advanced

Posts: 952
Location: Saratoga Springs
Has anyone played this course in 2015? I think I have never heard Blatnick mentioned since early spring when we were all desperate for somewhere green to play after "the first thaw".

i just got to thinking about 9 hole courses... Will Blatnick ever be 18?

:think:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:19 am 
Offline
WTF ??!!!
User avatar

Posts: 13759
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
timdef wrote:
Has anyone played this course in 2015? I think I have never heard Blatnick mentioned since early spring when we were all desperate for somewhere green to play after "the first thaw".

i just got to thinking about 9 hole courses... Will Blatnick ever be 18?

:think:
I've been out there a few times for a casual round........ Sept Monthly?

No plans to expand in 2015, the town still has not finished(or started as fas as I know) the methane venting redesign/renovation.

_________________
I buy all my plastic at MSt !!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Niskayuna
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:48 pm 
Offline
WTF ??!!!
User avatar

Posts: 13759
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Found the old map from Justin's original 18 hole design. Looks like we'll be modifying it a little. Hole numbering will be different...... i'm assuming that the current holes 1-6 will remain as numbered.

Image

_________________
I buy all my plastic at MSt !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:09 pm 
Offline
WTF ??!!!
User avatar

Posts: 13759
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
A word of warning about the pond on hole 3......... it's deep. REALLY DEEP.

I reached in to grab a disc that was right at the reeds and it sank. So I went elbow deep and got no weeds, no mud or anything. It's like an in ground pool. Nearly went headfirst into it because I expected something to stop me.

I'm planning to drag a rake thru it to get my Leopard back.

_________________
I buy all my plastic at MSt !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:33 am 
Offline
Novice

Posts: 92
Shot a 32 from the Blues last Thursday, which was probably one of my better rounds :obscene-drinkingbuddies: . Wish I could make it to monthly!

_________________
J Kress
PDGA 66006


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:25 am 
Offline
Intermediate
User avatar

Posts: 125
Location: Latham, NY
MichiganJeff wrote:
A word of warning about the pond on hole 3......... it's deep. REALLY DEEP.

I reached in to grab a disc that was right at the reeds and it sank. So I went elbow deep and got no weeds, no mud or anything. It's like an in ground pool. Nearly went headfirst into it because I expected something to stop me.

I'm planning to drag a rake thru it to get my Leopard back.



So does anyone have a wet suit or waders to give it a go through. I mean the discs might be melted from the radioactivity but some might be ok! :D

_________________
Mike Schwartz
PDGA #77987
Image
Deuce Squad.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:26 am 
Offline
WTF ??!!!
User avatar

Posts: 13759
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
Headed out there today with a rake to see if i can save my disc.

I'll also get an idea of how deep it is. :animals-fishblue: :animals-fishgreen: :character-spongebobdance:

_________________
I buy all my plastic at MSt !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:43 am 
Offline
Discussion Pro

Posts: 1140
Location: Millerton, NY
MichiganJeff wrote:
Headed out there today with a rake to see if i can save my disc.

I'll also get an idea of how deep it is. :animals-fishblue: :animals-fishgreen: :character-spongebobdance:


You'll probably come out with quite a few. I'm not opposed to swimming/wading in November... Only requires about three beers to keep me warm. What time are you going out?

_________________
Travis Bushore
PDGA # 58542
NEFA # 1938


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:46 pm 
Offline
WTF ??!!!
User avatar

Posts: 13759
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
germs wrote:
MichiganJeff wrote:
Headed out there today with a rake to see if i can save my disc.

I'll also get an idea of how deep it is. :animals-fishblue: :animals-fishgreen: :character-spongebobdance:


You'll probably come out with quite a few. I'm not opposed to swimming/wading in November... Only requires about three beers to keep me warm. What time are you going out?

Should be out 330ish. I wouldn't recommend too much skin exposure to that water. Might wanna be near a shower.

_________________
I buy all my plastic at MSt !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:54 pm 
Offline
WTF ??!!!
User avatar

Posts: 13759
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
The operation was a failure. Reeds are too gnarly. Stanks pretty bad when you stir in up.

I did see a fresh yellow disc floating in the middle. No current or breeze to move it close to shore.

_________________
I buy all my plastic at MSt !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:22 am 
Offline
WTF ??!!!
User avatar

Posts: 13759
Location: Ballston Lake, NY
BEES !!!!
Ground or rotten log nest about 2/3s of the way down hole 13, on the right side.

_________________
I buy all my plastic at MSt !!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group