Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: HUNTER MOUNTAIN
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:47 am 
Discussion Pro

celtic fest golf is pretty good this year, but not the same without the discapathonners marching down the mountain to the bagpipes and drums. The music yesterday was actually good and sometimes hilarious, one band doing smoke on the water, journey, and other non-irish stuff on the bagpipes.

Hole 9, 'the hangtime hole' is in really good shape, with the halfpipe gone, and the mud from removing it gone, it plays even funner. We did have to close hole 4 and 9 yesterday so we didn't hit the fireworks set up, so we played alternate 9 to basket 3, par 5. Greg would love that hole, he's a had a two look in the past at that basket from tee 9.

Holes 16-18 are closed today due to hungover bagpiper campers. Next weekend we will have a weedwhack attack day to get the place in shape for the tourney.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:42 am 
Discussion Pro

its time for reflection as the season turns towards the discgolfequinox. we had record crowds at mountain jam tourneys all three days and huge numbers of players on every hole all weekend, the hangtime open was bigger and better and saw a new course record in men and women's. Dubs grew every week all summer into a roaring good time, festival golf all went well and then to cap it off the first annual Ben zip disc debacle, which featured the now famous zip shot challenge.

Ben and I built tee boxes out at Sunnybrook and they are ready for action, we've raised funds for the first few baskets for our perma 18 there. I talked at Ben's funeral about how he gave so much, much of it to disc golf and how I needed everyone to try and give a little, to make up for his loss. Well it's basket moving season and the two main guys who helped me were chris eagle and ben, so I'm beggin for a weekend event sometime in the near future that offers the chance to play the mountain and sunny and dolan's in one day (or two) with a seasonal ritual we might call basket shlep. I talked to the lama lady at the festival about bringing them back to help, but she didn't get it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:00 am 
WTF ??!!!

skothanna wrote:
Well it's basket moving season and the two main guys who helped me were chris eagle and ben, so I'm beggin for a weekend event sometime in the near future that offers the chance to play the mountain and sunny and dolan's in one day (or two) with a seasonal ritual we might call basket shlep. I talked to the lama lady at the festival about bringing them back to help, but she didn't get it.

Pick a date and i'm sure we can rally some troops to make the move.
2nd & 9th are booked.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:30 am 
Discussion Pro

temps are pinned below freezing every night from here out, I'm feeling like I might have to jump this Sunday, or ski them out under the guns.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:11 am 
Discussion Pro

snow squall scared us from leaving the bar for doubles yesterday. In a coming of age story, someone tried to steal a basket from the back nine, made it to the condo parking lot and couldn't fit it in their car, we will rally for locks for sunny and hunter, I seem to remember an incident at J-park, involving dirt bikers and a half naked rasta with a basket on his head in the middle of the river...ah youth, thank god it's over.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:02 am 
Discussion Pro

so howzabout a hunter monthly on the 16th, with after fiasco shlep and sunny dubs, christen the new teepads.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:32 am 
WTF ??!!!

skothanna wrote:
so howzabout a hunter monthly on the 16th, with after fiasco shlep and sunny dubs, christen the new teepads.

Sounds like a plan...... who's in?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:33 am 
I Am "They"

Monthly is already 11/2 @ tawasentha. 11/16 is tee install day @ cps. Too much things to do and too few weekends. Guess its a good problem to have.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:57 pm 

Hi,

New to this forum. Hoping for some information. I will be in the Hunter Mt. Area with some friends the weekend of Nov 8th and we'd love to get some disc golf in. Will the Hunter Mt. course be open? Or is there one someone could suggest? We are relatively new to disc golf, but have played some courses in Fairfield County CT.

Thanks,

Frange

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:09 pm 
Discussion Pro

Hi Frange. The Hunter Course will be Open.

There is another course 20 miles away in Prattsville.

This is a very fun 9 hole course at the Huntersfield Christian Center.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:59 am 

Thanks so much for the info. Maybe we'll get a chance to check out both!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:55 am 
Discussion Pro

there are discs for sale and course maps at the pro shop in the main lodge, the mountain course front 9 is a hike, sturdy footwear etc. The back nine is kinder, gentler.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:14 pm 
Discussion Pro

I guess hunter is moving on the snowmaking, course is getting pulled and we will install sunny and dolan's sat. and sun.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:42 am 
Discussion Pro

I might try and get started in the rain today.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:51 am 
Discussion Pro

The Catskill Ski Resorts-See all the snow in Vermont-So they start getting Blue Balls for their Snow. They can't wait to shoot that first load of the White Stuff.

Good Luck Scott.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next