Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: HUNTER MOUNTAIN
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:57 pm 
Intermediate

recon mission on Thursday,
muddy @ 9 where the berm ain't
bring your boots & extra socks.
& a hat, better cover yer ears!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:24 am 
I Am "They"

Hunter hole 3 hole of the day on dgcr.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:04 am 
Discussion Pro

very cool, good choice too, very tough hole to birdie, I don't think I've ever hit it in the new position, and we only had one during Hangtime. Zipkin managed to find out that explore disc golf, or Zac Deputy's manager, sent 100 discs to an elementary school in CT, for them to go play Hunter with, also pretty cool. Pond skimming with disc golf shannanigans will be this weekend, there will be no gorilla in the ice pond this year, worst idea I ever had.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:21 am 
Discussion Pro

its bi-athalon season, ski in the morning, disc golf in the afternoon, throw in basketball at dolan's and biking to Sunny and twelve ounce curling and you've got the Hunter pent-athalon. Today is pond skimming, bikini's and ice water, putting competitions at the lodge, as we say sad farewell to the ski season and woo-hoo to the warming disc golf weather, baskets will sprouting soon. Keep country fest disc golf in mind, willie nelson probably plays some decent course tunes. They fly some pretty good acts into this disc golf course, check em out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:23 am 
Discussion Pro

awesome day for ski and golf yesterday. Had one of discap's finest woman golfers give me a ski lesson and the basket by the lodge was a big hit with the kids. As soon as the sun went behind the mountain, everyone looked around and said, "I'll bet it's still shining at sunnybrook, let's go". And so the natural shift in seasons was observed.

The mountain claims they will open again next weekend, we'll see, but Tap NY is just around the corner and I think we will have the front 9 in for that and have some kind of combined beer drinking tournament, with enough snow left on the course for the occasional snowball fight. Probably keep Sunny open until after country fest unless we swing an early deal, in which case sunny will be permanent and expanding. Head of marketing came up to me yesterday and asked, "so what about Worlds at Hunter?" yeah buddy!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:40 pm 

Hello! Me and a few buddies are coming up Friday for Tap fest, and were curious if the course on the mountain would be open on Friday afternoon. If unsure, is there someone i can contact or is there another local course you'd recommend? Thanks for your help!!! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:27 am 
Discussion Pro

so sorry I missed u guys, was tapping too. sunny and dolans in place until the end of the month, then dolans becomes mountain jam 12 hole, then after country fest Mountain 18 opens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:52 am 
Discussion Pro

Hunter mountain course in place! support local disc golf, shop at the pro shop, thurs-sun. new innova designs, hunter mountain discs arriving this week. You don't have to do anything but buy plastic and play, what's better than that, so good to be back on the hill where the gorilla's roam.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:59 pm 
Intermediate

All 18 in?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:04 pm 
WTF ??!!!

ShreddedCoconut wrote:
All 18 in?
YES.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:13 am 
Discussion Pro

Weds dubs 5:30 tee 1, we play the local loop of 5 holes on the front and 9 on the back

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:26 am 
Discussion Pro

sadly the dubs record is one over. the course has grown in yardage and pars are harder to come by for the newbie crowd, still the hottest chicks in disc golf play hunter mountain, fyi, you guys are so missing it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:25 pm 
Intermediate

Played Hunter for the first time today. What a blast! Such a fun course. Respect out to Skot and all the other people that made that course happen! I cant wait to go back. Lost a blue camelback 1 liter water bottle somewhere on the second 9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:59 pm 
Advanced

why isn't anyone talking about Hunter with the Hangtime on the horizon...?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:10 pm 
Intermediate

I went out last week to play it. It's still a blast. Not totally sure what else to add to this. If you're not familiar with the course, I'd take a picture of the course with you, as there were no score cards in the mailbox when I went by. But if you follow the markings, it's pretty easy to follow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next