Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 733 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: HUNTER MOUNTAIN
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:41 am 
I Am "They"

I think this needs it own thread.

skothanna wrote:
shannon talked to one of the rec board members who was responsible for having the baskets jerked, he had no idea what disc golf was or why it would benefit the town, and there was a certain amount of local stupidity and resentment involved, he now greatly regrets his actions and would like to see the course return, however, hunter mountain has some of my old practice baskets set up and the operations and marketing guys talked to me today and I have an idea for firing up the coolest potential site in the area. Of course dan the man doyle is way ahead of me as he should be in trying to incorporate the new hunter course into a giant televised event, the three basket loop at hunter is just for show, and they are talking seriously about a lift based course, stay tuned, I think i might organize a combined music/disc golf event in stages that will be a little something to rub in the faces of the power trips that be in woodstuck, on another front, wilson park may jump to the head of the to do list, much for the same reason, it was a beautiful epoch, we will regroup and rebuild, the six million dollar course will be better, faster, stronger, wow it's fun throwing down a mountain, suddenly i can throw 600 feet, no problem.

Shad wrote:
Wilson Park? this is what you're calling the Hunter course? sounds pretty amazing. I learned how to ski & board on that mountain. spent many a winter day dodging city idiots as I carved my way down the slopes. it would be awesome to play disc there too!

Scoontar wrote:
Hunter is the best mountain in the Catskills for Disc Golf. I tried with Windham, but they are obsessed with Mountain Biking. Dan Doyle was supposed to have a meeting last spring with the owners-The Slutzky's, but the meeting fell through. If they approve a course Doyle/Brinster should be the designers-They have co-designed 6 layouts on Ski resort mountains. Camp Gaw, Sugarbush, and their newest project-Blue Mountain in Pa. Which has 2 courses, and cement tee pads-YES a Ski resort with CEMENT tees. Grand opening is August 8th.

If Hunter puts one in maybe Windham will get motivated.

Any idea which lift they are considering?

skothanna wrote:
wilson is in mt tremper, they asked me to design a course they would fund a few years ago, it got stalled in their schedule but is still on the books to happen (if I put the energy in) and is a great site. In Hunter, the village and the mountain are collaborating on making public land available for the ascent portion of the walking course and the return loop of the year round lay-out like camp-gaw-ish. I surveyed the area with the mayor and met with operations director and event director yesterday and everyone's moving ahead. I've taken the role of puppet designer for the moment and grass roots supporter, there is an extensive and involved off the trails project to deal with. the operations manager has visions of a lift based lay-out which would tie in to the lower section. I'm sure when everythings smoothed out brinster will want to set it up to favor himself in tourneys and dan is in touch with the director, and I am keeping him posted on our progress. In the mean-time it's fun to see those three baskets on the mountainside waiting for their friends to arrive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:44 am 
I Am "They"

A course on Hunter would ROCK! Skot post when you need some help. I'm down for some work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:12 am 
Discussion Pro

Hunter Rocks...the course! :lol: Awesome!

Post subject: shanktum
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:31 pm 
Discussion Pro

I've enlisted, accidentally, the help of a local snowboarder who knows every crevice of the mountain and in his first few weeks of competitive disc golf he is cathcing up rapidly in cursing and revs. I had a beautiful 700 ft drive today and was happy to loose the disc within 100 ft of the target. checked out the village land and wow, you think ski mountain is wild, try the wild side of the mountain across the river, ouch, this is golf holes you will dream about, er have nightmares about, maybe take a picture and lie to your grandchildren and say you tried it, 200 ft drop off over the stream to the bolder field green 400 ft. throught the pine alley.
mommy that hurts when it goes wrong or should i say, be discreet, nothing interesting here at all.

Post subject: testing
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:24 pm 
Discussion Pro

we continue testing the terrain as a near ace barfed out of the basket on temp. hole 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:29 pm 
Discussion Pro

Sounds like fun
When can we poke around
yum

Post subject: its all good
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:24 am 
Discussion Pro

anytime, there is no restriction on playing there, just pick up a piece of garbage for green fee.

Post subject: up
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:21 am 
Discussion Pro

the first hole is in front of the lodge, uphill short but plays like 300 with woods behind the basket that kill you on an overthrow, hole 2 is across the wide open ski trail, again deadly rough behind the basket and a killer steep green, then an easy shot back across up hill and the turn around back to the giant orange box at the base, about 700 feet that plays like 300, and is a beautiful slow motion ace run. We've developed some other cool holes, a great par 4 anhyzer down hill through a gap back to basket 3, the potential here is infinite, haven't even played the steep sections yet and I've never played anything with so much elevation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:57 pm 
Advanced

Scott, you will have to have some of the old men come out and stagger round your new mountain course soon. Im sure I will be impressed with your extreme imaginative hole design...BTW,thanks for your Disc Golfer story input...

Post subject: video
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:47 am 
Discussion Pro

we shot a hunter disc golf promo video yesterday, should be up on u-tube in the next week or so. I am going to need a show of bodies at an informal tourney to help swing this deal, and dress to impress because the video co. is making a show for discovery channel and your ugly mugs may end up on tv, any suggestions for a date soon, and can people bring some temp baskets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:22 am 
WTF ??!!!

You got my basket and the wife and I. Start looking for a free weekend.

we're busy next weekend with CNY's
Oct 10th for Borderland
17th/18th for Ace Race and cancer walk

Post subject: otay
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:39 am 
Discussion Pro

howsabout oct. 11?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:46 am 
WTF ??!!!

Single round DisCap Tag Tourney ???

Who's In ??????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:48 am 
I Am "They"

Can't do the 11th. Woman rule only 1 day of dg on a weekend. B-lands on the 10th and the 11th is Branden's 17th B-day. Mjeff if you guys go take alot of pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:58 am 
Advanced

I may be free on the 11th.

PDGA #37691
holding onto DisCap Tag #30 until I swap it for #31

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 733 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next