Bag Tag Challenge RulesConduct
1. Everyone is on their honor to conduct themselves according to the rules and within the spirit of competition. Have fun. It's only a tag.
The purpose of the Bag Tag Challenge is to encourage friendly competition among DisCap members.
2. In order for the Bag Tag Challenge to work, all challenges must be accepted.
3. Each player must have their Bag Tag at all times. Bag Tags must be plainly visible and can not be hidden.
4. Challenges are to be made by choosing times and courses that are reasonable.
5. Friendly side wagers of any kind can be made at the discretion of the participants, but are NOT required.Challenges
1. Challenges will run from January 1st through December 31st.
2. The higher Bag Tag challenges the lower Bag Tag. Challenges can be by phone, computer, or in person. It is preferred to use THIS bag tag challenge section in the DisCap forum. (This Thread)
3. The challenged player must give the challenger two (2) times to meet in the next two (2) weeks or they must forfeit the tag. If the challenger can not meet that timeline, the challenge is void. Not showing up for a match results in a forfeit. (30 minute leeway)
4. The challenged player picks the course, tees and format. Format choices include: stroke play or match play but no doubles/triples etc. of any kind. PDGA rules apply.(see details below)
If the challenger wins the round, the tags are exchanged. Challenged player is reponsible for BOTH players' course fees if chosen course is private or Pay2Play.
5. Ties are won by the holder of the lower bag tag at the beginning of the round. However, if ALL
players agree before the round starts; a play-off hole(s) can be used as a tie-breaker using sudden death rules.
6. You don't have to play back-to-back challenge rounds against the same player or in a multi-player match with the exact same opponents. A player can't challenge you, lose to you, and immediately challenge you again for another round. However, if ALL parties agree, consecutive round challenges are allowed. Challenges MUST
be verbally agreed upon at the beginning of EACH
7. Incomplete round: If a player does not complete a bag tag challenge round, the exiting player should trade tags with the player with the highest tag number. If play is stopped by all players before the round is complete, no tags are exchanged. This could be due to hazardous weather, physical emergency or mutual agreement.
8. Multiple people at the same course at the same time can have a group challenge with 5 or less playing in the group. If more than 5 are present the group must split into cards of at least 3 and play proceeds as if it were a tournament/league.
9. If you say you don't have your tag BEFORE the round, you can play, but not for tags.(added 2011)
10. If you play a tag round and at the end you don't have your tag, you take the highest number in play. (Added 2011)TOURNAMENTS/LEAGUES:
1. All MUST
participate in challenges at a tournament. No Match Play unless tournament is Match Play. (Handicapped leagues: tag play is straight up)
2. The tags are thrown into a pool and distributed by score at the end of the tourney/league not round by round. No sudden death to decide ties and final-nine rounds/playoffs are exempt from challenges.
3. Players using different tees in tournaments are competing against only other players using the same tee format.
4. Tags will not be used for Dubs.Reporting
1. Players holding tags must update the club with the results of each challenge. Submit scores at DGS.com
OR post on the bag tag challenge post on the DisCap forum.
2. The winner of the challenge is responsible for reporting the results of the challenge.
3. Players wishing to get information as to who holds each tag may check at this thread OR DGS.comLost Tags
When a tag is lost, the number is dropped from the standings.
Members can purchase a replacement tag for $10.00 and will take the next available number. :P Contact Jeff Wiechowski with questions/concerns or to report a lost tag; 518-596-0360 or PM hereHAVE FUN! Tourney/course specific rules are to be followed and if they're altered in any way it must be agreed to by all players PRIOR to starting a tag round.