Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:16 pm 

Hello all,

My name is Powell. I currently work at Woodland Hill Montessori School in East Green Bush, NY. Some of my middle school students I work with have quite a passion for any Frisbee related sports including disc golf. We have decided to work with the science department to draw out a disc golf course and eventually build an operating course. The course will be a 9 hole disc golf course for children as the holes will be easier and much shorter than a typical course. The hope is that the course is used for the Capital region community of kids to have a place to play. My students are excited about bringing this idea to fruition but we are not sure what the best way to get the baskets. At this point, our funding is not quite enough to afford 9 professional baskets, although we would like to have the most professional baskets we can (my kids are not opposed to building them). I was wondering if anyone knew of ways that we could get some baskets for an inexpensive price, or have them donated? Any ideas are certainly welcome. You can reply to this post or email at powellcucchiella@gmail.com with any recommendations.

Thanks all!

Powell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:40 pm 
I Am "They"

Powell we would love to help you in your endevour. DisCap can get baskets at a better price than retail. If you would consider 2 sets of tees 1 set very short for the kids and another more appropriate for average disc golfers im sure we could also chip in on the basket cost. We can also come out to give some beginners clinics. I'll send you an email to start a discussion soon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:53 pm 

This is great to here. Thanks so much!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:22 pm 
Advanced

:clap:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:02 am 
Intermediate

I grew up in East Greenbush so thats very exciting to here! :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:04 am 
I Am "They"

Hi Powell
We have a BOD meeting tonight. I'm gonna bring up your request. I'll write you an email to let you know how it goes. Sorry for not moving forward with this sooner. With the daylight diwindling after work, a cruise vacation I was on for my 40th bDay, Thanksgiving, Our Turkey Throwdown Doubles Tournament, and DisCaptains the Disc Golf team I co captain I haven't had a chance to get in touch with you to take a look at the property you have available. I will reach out soon.
Thanks
Kenji

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:23 am 

My wife is researching information about Montessori schools for our kids. Our kids are 2 years and under. there young but she has started looking into it. She asked me my opinion and the truth I was not sure what to say. I am not even sure if I have ever met anyone who has gone to a Montessori school, I know I probably have but since no one brings up education in general conversation I would not know. The U.S. has more than 8000 Montessori schools, My question for all of you out there

What are your opinions?