Discap

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:03 pm 
Rookie

Last minute heads up - first ever MKDGC Glow Doubles is tonight, 10/23!!! Meet next to the practice basket (pool parking lot) between 6-6:30 to warm up, tape up some discs and then pick some teams. Hoping to have discs in the air no later than 7 pm.

Please remember to dress warmly (going to be a balmy 25 degrees tonight!) and if possible, bring a headlamp or flashlight to keep an eye on things in between holes. I believe we're going to keep it simple and shoot for Green to Green. The course is in outstanding shape right now, but please be careful particularly on the back 9 where abundant leaves, slopes and downed branches can pose a problem.

Thanks DisCap for generously supplying all glow materials and hope to see some new and familiar faces this evening!

Post subject: Awesome Course
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:31 am 
Intermediate

I played in the double-doubles (also know as shambles) at Mine Kill. What an awesome course. Elevation changes, trees, two cement tee pads per hole, two baskets per hole, bomber holes, incredible views. A total gem of a course that must be played by every enthusiastic disc golfer!!! Wow!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:35 pm 
Novice

Thinking about finally checking the course out on Saturday. Is it relatively easy to find your way around?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:01 pm 
Advanced

Martin wrote:
Thinking about finally checking the course out on Saturday. Is it relatively easy to find your way around?

Mike and the park crew have done a great job of putting up directional signs. You'll see the front nine baskets on your way into the big parking lot. A few words of advice:

-After Hole 9, go across the parking lot and road to find Hole 10
-After Hole 12, take the trail to the right to find Hole 13's tee.
-Print out one of the scorecard maps I made just in case. Keep in mind there are 4 different layout combinations!

Lastly, I haven't been to the course in a long time, but if the ground thaws out, it might be kind of muddy so dress appropriately just in case. Enjoy !!!

edit: link to cards:

http://discap.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=2902

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:12 pm 
Novice

Engineer wrote:
Martin wrote:

Mike and the park crew have done a great job of putting up directional signs. You'll see the front nine baskets on your way into the big parking lot. A few words of advice:

-After Hole 9, go across the parking lot and road to find Hole 10
-After Hole 12, take the trail to the right to find Hole 13's tee.
-Print out one of the scorecard maps I made just in case. Keep in mind there are 4 different layout combinations!

Lastly, I haven't been to the course in a long time, but if the ground thaws out, it might be kind of muddy so dress appropriately just in case. Enjoy !!!

edit: link to cards:

http://discap.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=2902

Awesome - thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:09 pm 
Rookie

Yo, C-Mart! What's happening man? Great to hear you'll be checking out MKDGC this weekend!

Although it's still supposed to be a little chilly Saturday (high of 33), I was out on the course this morning and conditions are definitely going to be muddy. The gate to hole 1 parking lot (next to the pool complex) should be unlocked, but if for some reason it isn't, just park next to the maintenance building and start on hole 4 over the pond.

Just replenished the scorecards in the disc golf kiosk. All four layouts should be included in there.

Wish I could join you but I'll be on the slopes teaching for a few more weekends. Have fun and happy throwing man!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:29 am 
Novice

Mike! What's up buddy? Hope all is well!! Thanks for the info on the course.

Unfortunately I didn't make it out to minekill (wife had an impromptu er visit Friday night) but I'm planning on making the trip out soon. Will drop you a line when I do so hopefully we can meet up for a round!! Hear only good things about the course.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:03 pm 

Anybody know about how much snow is at minekill? Planning on heading up this week and want to know what kind of gear to pack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:20 am 
Advanced

I haven't been there in a while but I work nearby. Almost all of the snow has melted; but I wouldn't be surprised to see some snow/ice in the woods and where the mountain blocks the sun. Minekill has a lot of very fine clay, so it might be slippery/messy with the recent snowmelt. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:20 pm 
Novice

Was working near minekill today and snuck in 18. Course was in decent condition except for a few muddy spots (clay) tees were clear and didn't encounter any snow